Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to build my linear press and have 1 simple ?. Is their a reason why the fingers have to be mounted on a piece of cold roll? Is there play for the fingers to rock back a little if need be, or are they tight to the sq. tubing when mounted on the round stock?

·
Registered
633 Posts
For one model bow you can make them hard set. But since I press friends bows including a z7, I need to make them offset because of their limb attachments. My alien needs them set equal though.

Mine are lose on the cold roll with thumbscrews to adjust the angle.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For one model bow you can make them hard set. But since I press friends bows including a z7, I need to make them offset because of their limb attachments. My alien needs them set equal though.

Mine are lose on the cold roll with thumbscrews to adjust the angle.

So what you're saying is one finger may need to be slightly ahead of the other? Wouldn't that put an unbalanced pressure on the limb?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
So what you're saying is one finger may need to be slightly ahead of the other? Wouldn't that put an unbalanced pressure on the limb?

no..

·
Registered
633 Posts
So what you're saying is one finger may need to be slightly ahead of the other?
Yes

Wouldn't that put an unbalanced pressure on the limb?
No

If they weren't offset it would create unbalanced pressure as one tip would get pressed on earlier then the other.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good. thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
here's the one I built. works on my hoyt's and bowtech's, but I have to remove draw stop on bowtech.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
try again 4 pics
sorry wont let me upload pics are in press tubing thread

·
Registered
633 Posts
This way you can adjust for bows that have attachments, mounts or whatever on the limb tips similar to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So here's what I have so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Probably do a floor stand, but not totally sure as of yet. As for paint it'll prob be black. Only other thing I was thinking about, is I have a spray can of that truck bed liner type stuff that I got from NAPA a while back, and was thinking of trying that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
stand

Put it on a stand like mine and it's also portable build it all don't stop now see my pics under press in progress in DIY section

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have looked at yours racer and it is a dandy. I'm hoping to build it so I can attach my horizontal draw board to it as well.

Draw Board is under DIY My new Draw Board!

·
Registered
455 Posts
stand

If you need any help get ahold of me and I'll help you as I have done all the R&D already and can help your hair stay in your scalp if you know what I mean

1 - 15 of 15 Posts