Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try dipping your trophy taker launcher in liquid electrical tape? I did mine last night and it looks awesome. Also, seems to have dulled some noise vs the mole skin I had on previously. I hope is wears well.
deanno

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
Interesting, let us know how it works out under the long haul. :beer: :smile:

·
Spot Shooter
2,128 Posts
deanno,

Being an electrician myself I have not heard of liquid tape. Where did you get it? Sounds interesting.

Good tip. :thumbs_up

·
NC ASA Director
36,015 Posts
I know Wal-Mart sells a rubber coating, is it similar to this. Sounds like it will work great.

Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Where to Buy

I bought it from a place called Fleet Farm in WI. It comes in a variety of colors and is sold in their boating section. Basically, it's used for waterproofing electrical wire connections. It's made by a company called Starbrite (normally makes boating stuff). The arrow slides real smooth and quiet accross the launcher and after a few dozen shot...looks perfect. I poured the tape into a 35mm film container and then dipped the shakey hunter launcher in a few times (letting dry for about 5 minutes between coatings). I see Overtons.com sells it (it comes in a yellow can)

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=37582

deanno

·
NC ASA Director
36,015 Posts
:thumbs_up

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Hey! Now thats a slick idea!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
There is another type also that you can dip your tools in to insulate them. I have seen it at walmart also and some of the electrical supply stores.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've used that stuff to dip the clasps on treestand hanging belts. It cuts down on the metal clanging sounds when putting up a stand.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can buy a product called Brush-on electrical tape from almost any auto parts stores such as NAPA,CarQuest,etc.It's made buy a company named
North American oil company.I have a can in my tool box that I use to seal exterior electrical connections on cars

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The liquid tape has been holding up great so far...although, I don't shoot as often as many folks on this site. I would guess that I have about 200 shot through it. Hardly notice any wear. The only issue is at the point of coming to full draw, there is a sound if the arrow bounces slightly on the launcher. Kind of like the arrow shaft doing a small bounce on hard rubber. Not too noticable, but more so than mole hair. The sound really isn't there if you draw much slower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts