Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
spoon & crockpot proud member......killing tomorrows trophys today
29,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread started by Shane (ontarget7) is getting some attention due to the substandard tune job he saw on a bow that floated his way and guys wanting him to out the tuner. I have no problem with Shane not wanting to drag another bow shop/tuners name through the mud even if he knows who did the work. It’s called professional courtesy.

With this in mind, I think this is a good time/place to compile a list of RECOMMENDED string builders and tuners based on our own experiences. Based on my experience (I have only listed those who I have used personally)I recommend the following (not in order of preference):

STRINGS
- Center Circle
- Ex-Wolverine
- tony219r

TUNING
- Matt Brown (Center Circle)

BOW REFINISHING
- Catfish Customs (retrieverfishin)

With enough input from others, hopefully this thread can be a resource for those looking for solid recommendations when mailing their bows out for work.

·
Registered
17,374 Posts
I will second Matt strings, tony219, and I think my last two sets of string from bucks slayer were great, and last but not least in strings breathen.

As for tuning i can only 100% say two guys that I've had more then 5 bows worked on and they are Tony and ontarget, but I'm not sure either one are taking bows anymore.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I tune my own bow, so if I mess up it's mine.

Strings is Ron Harmon with Extreme Bowstrings. Always quality.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
For strings, Center Circle, Vapor Trail and most recently, GAS have impressed me.

When I'm not stuck behind my desk, I tune bows for a living, so I don't have any experience with tuners and cannot recommend one.

·
Registered
10,341 Posts
Bow string builders i have no problem recommending:
EX WOLVERINE
Brethren
BART Shortall
Bow String depot

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
877 Posts
Breathn and Ex Wolverine

·
Banned
2,099 Posts
Any y’all ever used freedom strings?

God’s Country Archery
Claremont NC ?

Just curious don’t want hijack OP thread.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Maybe note where these tuners/string builders are located.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

·
Banned
344 Posts
I've used A LOT of string makers and super tunes by Archery talk members. Zero complaints about any!!
But if I were to base it off quality of strings customer service,easy to chat with on phone, professionalism, and a great tune with a reasonable turn around time. ?
I'd chose Mike "Crackers" Carter Everytime!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Strings

Exwolverine

JBK

Stage 1 Strings

60X

Tuners

Only 2 i have ever used are

Wes Vanhorn - Stage 1 Strings / FuryX Archery (Mt Pleasant Mills, PA)

Keith Weaver - Weaver's Archery (Middleburg, PA)

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've used A LOT of string makers and super tunes by Archery talk members. Zero complaints about any!!
But if I were to base it off quality of strings customer service,easy to chat with on phone, professionalism, and a great tune with a reasonable turn around time. ?
I'd chose Mike "Crackers" Carter Everytime!
what he said.👌

·
Registered
33 Posts
I currently have some rogue strings and can’t speak highly enough about how well made they are, how quick they are, and their customer service was top notch.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Tuning: Fulcrum Archery, Allen, TX
Terrybuilt Original Archery Designs, Waco, TX

Strings: Bow String Depot, Gilmanton, NH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The thread started by Shane (ontarget7) is getting some attention due to the substandard tune job he saw on a bow that floated his way and guys wanting him to out the tuner. I have no problem with Shane not wanting to drag another bow shop/tuners name through the mud even if he knows who did the work. It’s called professional courtesy.

With this in mind, I think this is a good time/place to compile a list of RECOMMENDED string builders and tuners based on our own experiences. Based on my experience (I have only listed those who I have used personally)I recommend the following (not in order of preference):

STRINGS
- Center Circle
- Ex-Wolverine
- tony219r

TUNING
- Matt Brown (Center Circle)

BOW REFINISHING
- Catfish Customs (retrieverfishin)

With enough input from others, hopefully this thread can be a resource for those looking for solid recommendations when mailing their bows out for work.

Tony still building strings?

I like tony and breathn for strings

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
John Mosier (Breathn) has built probably twenty sets of strings for me, I’ve never had anything less than perfect! IMO a work of art, and a great tuner as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts