Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing archery for several years and have a few compound trophies to may name and have started traditional off the shelf and have a few there to. I was wondering my seven yr old daughter has been trying to talk me into doing this NASP for her school. I was wondering how one would go about starting this. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
962 Posts
KY has a very active NASP program, and in fact is where NASP got started. Look at their website www.nasparchery.com. Contact the KY dept of natural resources, they are the state coordinators of the program. Read the website throughly, there is a ton of info there.

You will need certified instructors. You will need equipment. You will need a venue, and you will need school board support. The website helps you organize yourself to get all of these plus....wait for it..... FUNDING! Yes, money, the root of all evil, is necessary to get a program going. You can rent the equipment until you raise or are granted funding.

Don't ignore local sources for funding, private foundations, private business, fundraisers, etc.

Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Nasp

This is an awesome program. SteveN is shooting you straight. KY is home of NASP. they have been refining this since 2002, Last year nearly 6000 kids grades 4 - 12 shoot at National in KY. When I have contacted them (Roy Grimes @ NASP) their staff have been very helpful. Go for it. There is help out there and all it takes is for folks like you, with a dream, to make it happen for more kids. NASP is changings kids lives one arrow at a time.
I run the registration for the Missouri State NASP tournament. Shoot me a pm if you want more info. I'll do what I can from here. Good luck.
Guess I went off a little there, but seriously, a good program.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts