Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this old recurve "beauty or beast" but I'm confused about the marking which read #100, AMO 30#, 68" it has the localsop head scratching as well ANy ideas would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
That's a heavy duty bow, 100 pound draw at 30" draw length, 68" length.
Better be in shape to shoot that. I'm sure more traditional guys can help ya more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about as in shape as a 150 lb person can be and anxiously awaiting its string but I have a hard time imagining myself using it as a daily shooter, I am curious as to whether it will loose a broomstick....

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I doubt youll even be able to get more than one arrow out of it. Im not trying to sound like a jerk, but 100# is an incredible amount of draw weight for someone who is 150#.

·
Banned
35,283 Posts
Yea and no let off at full draw that will kill I'm 175 all muscle and 50 pounds is allot at 29'' witch is probley 57 at full draw.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Bow number 100! 30 lbs 68" length

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really hoping that someone on here will know where any info on these 1950-60 era canadians can be located. I shoot a 35#er daily an unless they were getting crazy with the maple syrup I don't think it is similar. The riser is a good 4x the size of my sage and the limbs significantly stiffer.

·
Registered
49,489 Posts
?????? With out pictures or make it is hard to say. But this is how I read it. It's bow #100 out of how many, 30 pounds of draw weight at 28" draw----(not 30" and don't know where inseason came up with that), standard is 28". length of the bow is 68".

·
Lowered expectations
15,633 Posts
Bow is 30lb, 68" and (not 100% sure but I would be willing to bet) the bow model is the #100. Here's a slightly edited cut-and=paste from an earlier thread on AT - do a search on "Dunmark".

Les Dunsdon was one of several Ontario bowmakers in the 50s and 60s. In the mid 60s, Dunsdon and another bowyer named Harry Markham joined up and called their company Dunmark. Later in the mid 70s they connected with another Toronto area company called Archery Craft, which became Dunarco, then DACO for short. DACO bought a US company called Outers (Astro compounds) which made the Astro Regency which was a '70s top target compound bow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts