Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call from the school nurse this afternoon that my little nine year old had a collision at recess with another kid." His left eye is pretty swollen", she said." I think maybe you should come pick him up." So off I go. One of the counselors is waiting for me at the front door - I knew it wouldn't be good. I get to the nurses office and look at him and he just grins from under the ice-pack. Then he lifts the pack from his face and holy cow! I called his pediatrician and off we went. The doc checked him out - doesn't think anything was broken. He thinks he just broke a blood vessel above his eye - that's what's causing the swelling to be so bad. I just checked on him a little while ago and the little guy's eye is swollen completely shut. It looks like somebody knocked a golf ball through the back of his head and got stuck under the skin above his left eye. The little guy was so upset that he couldn't bow hunt tonight, he saw two does last night and couldn't get a shot. He was just sure tonight was gonna be the night. Now he won't be able to get out for a week or so - til the swelling goes down. I felt so bad for him that I couldn't go out tonight and doubt I will until he can join me. I guess we'll save some money on Thermocells!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Thats really too bad!

Ice him up and get him back and at it

·
Registered
997 Posts
When my oldest one was a little guy, he was running down the hallway and crunched the bathroom door knob just above his left eye. It swelled up just like you described. I don't recall him being out of commission too long. Hopefully your little one will heal quickly. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts