Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I will be leaving tonight at midnight to go hog hunting down in Oklahoma. I am going to post live updates once I get to the tree. I am just starting a the thread a head of time so I don't have to on the phone. It can be done but much easier on the computer.

Stay tuned, should be a fun time. I will be updating it every 15 to 20 min once on location, hopefully be able to load some pictures up as well for you guys. I will be down there for 3 days leaving sunday. So I will keep the thread running for the duration.

Enjoy, I know I will :darkbeer:

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where you going? I will be in Ok. after hogs the end of May.
Shiloh, this is the first time hunting them so I went with an established outfitter. Next year I plan on a DIY somewhere don't know where just yet.

How about you?

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys

· Registered
11,867 Posts
Skeptic and I will be there May 14th - 16th and again 20th - 23rd for Porkapalosa. We've been there several times and you cant ask for more hogs or better hosts than Matt & Cheryl.

Save some for us and have a great time.

Tell Matt & Cheryl we look forward to seeing them again next month.

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Skeptic and I will be there May 14th - 16th and again 20th - 23rd for Porkapalosa. We've been there several times and you cant ask for more hogs or better hosts than Matt & Cheryl.

Save some for us and have a great time.

Tell Matt & Cheryl we look forward to seeing them again next month.
Thanks, and Skeptic was the one that turned me on to them last summer :darkbeer:

· Registered
13,161 Posts
been to several places in Tx & Ok. Shiloh is the besat for daytime hogs for sure. been there 7 times & thats where I'll be end of May...
You'll have a great time....

· Registered
158 Posts
Hey folks...Matt Napper here. I haven't been able to be with the guys hunting with us right now. I just got home from surgery and have been recovering for now. Cheryl, my wife has been giving me full report.
The first evening out they saw lots of hogs and everyone could have shot. I think they were sizing them up :) I know that Dustin's cell phone coverage isn't any good so he couldn't do semi-live up-dates. So far, 4 out of 5 have shot hogs. One more morning to go.
Hunting has been great with tons of hogs. Our last several groups have had a 90% or better success rate!

Matt Napper

Shiloh Ranch Boar Hunting

· Registered
11,867 Posts
Thanks for the update Matt.

Hope the last guy shots a nice one, holding out is hard.

· Registered
2,701 Posts
Hey folks...Matt Napper here. I haven't been able to be with the guys hunting with us right now. I just got home from surgery and have been recovering for now. Cheryl, my wife has been giving me full report.
The first evening out they saw lots of hogs and everyone could have shot. I think they were sizing them up :) I know that Dustin's cell phone coverage isn't any good so he couldn't do semi-live up-dates. So far, 4 out of 5 have shot hogs. One more morning to go.
Hunting has been great with tons of hogs. Our last several groups have had a 90% or better success rate!

Matt Napper

Shiloh Ranch Boar Hunting
thanks for the update matt! I hope to come down someday to whack a hog or two with you guys! you are spoken VERY highly of ;)

· Registered
357 Posts
Makes my mouth water!

Is it November yet?!?!
looking forward to the updates. Have fun!

Nathan

· No Hype, Just Hunt
12,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks again for an awesome hunt Matt hopefully the next time I am down you will be up and running around as well.

Well guys, the trip started out with my brand new battery (ok not quite 4 months old) had a bad cell apparently and I had to get a jump start. Well we drive all the way to the Kansas/Oklahoma need gas so we stop to fill up, and the turn the truck off. We filled up went to leave and nothing, the battery still wasn't holding a charge we get a jump from a person at the station and then proceed to drive to an Orielys to get the battery switched out at no cost since I had warranty left on the battery. Well after the minor set back we arrive at Shiloh at 11:45, where Cheryl gave us the tour, and did our orientation.

After she left we unpacked, we got the bows out and proceed to shoot and build some confidence. I was pretty pumped out to 40 yards I didn't miss but a total of 3 times during practice. Well I decided to take stand number 4 so I take the looong walk (1.2 miles to stand 4 and 1.1 miles to stand 7 the place is huge!) I get out to the stand and got set up. I managed to film a ton of hogs this first night, and it was no fault of Matt or Cheryl that I didn't get a shot. They did everything they could to help me. But at first I did not shoot because I did not know what a small hog was and a big hog. I was going off the commercial hogs my family raises, so naturally the good average sized hogs looked tiny so after having watched 7 average hogs hang around for over 2 hours :eek: I didn't shoot and went back.

The next 3 sits lead to no hogs coming into the feeders and I didn't ever get a shot off.

We managed 2 hogs killed, and unfortunately we had 2 hogs that were not recovered.

We had a blast and have most definitely decided we will go back again, and this time I know that a normal hog is and you better believe I will be leaving with some pork.

Thanks again Matt and Cheryl it was fun and you run a 1st rate operation there.

Dustin

PS

Sorry I couldn't do the live updates, I could not get enough cell reception to post up. I did get a ton of pictures and video so I will see if I can't get some posted up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.