Archery Talk Forum banner

Live Vegas News: 2007 Shootoff LIVE Blog

44689 189
My archery friends, stay tuned to this thread for live Vegas tournament news.

We are in the 8th end of chanpionship day right now for the Unlimited Men.

Some winners from eariler to day are:

Mary Zorn defeated Kelly Ward in a shootoff, both archers shooting 300 today.

Also, Magnus Petterson won the Men's Championship Recurve division.

Stay tuned folks.....
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Banned
304 Posts
True ... The "Super X" counts as a tie-breaker and Vegas allows up to a 2613 sized arrow. Several of the top Pros are hitting 30 of 30 "Super X's". Fita allows the 2315 as the largest diameter arrow for the smaller 10 ring. Both targets appear similiar. Most of us use the large arrow as a strategy to qualify for the shoot-off. When inside-out 10's are in effect, then the smaller arrows might be of advantage. Shoot what works best for you. Good luck on the shooting line. The competition is getting much better.

·
Registered
899 Posts
True ... The "Super X" counts as a tie-breaker and Vegas allows up to a 2613 sized arrow. Several of the top Pros are hitting 30 of 30 "Super X's".
Several? How many 300 30x scores were shot in Vegas? Did any of the 17 men that made the shootoff have one?

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Several? How many 300 30x scores were shot in Vegas? Did any of the 17 men that made the shootoff have one?
None this year or last that I'm aware of, I know 2 years ago Chris White shot a 30X 300 and the only other was Duane Price shot the first ever a few years back, so there is only 2 ever 30x 300s shot at Vegas.

·
Registered
982 Posts
There were a few 300 29x this year. But the this must have hurt 299 29X by Chris White and Roger Hoyle and Dave Cousins 299 27x and Keith trail 299 28x and Micheal Braden 299 28x (can you say :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:) Wonder what happened to drop those points after inside out after inside out?????

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
There were a few 300 29x this year. But the this must have hurt 299 29X by Chris White and Roger Hoyle and Dave Cousins 299 27x and Keith trail 299 28x and Micheal Braden 299 28x (can you say :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:) Wonder what happened to drop those points after inside out after inside out?????
But folks there WAS ONE 30X shot in Vegas This year! Just because it wasn't one of the shoot down folks doesn't mean it wasn't done!

I believe the gentleman was from France, and he had a bad round on Friday which brought him down lower in the standings a long ways. Notice that he shot 300's on both Saturday and Sunday.

Here is a copy/paste of his scoring!

213 beaud, jean marc ch, france 278 22 300 22 300 30 878

Just like I've stated earlier, few if any look past the shootoff people, the BHFS, the Senior Championship, and the Women's Championship. Most of the other shooters that do well are so often totally ignored.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Wow a 278 with 22x. Must have threw 2 arrows of the page or ran out of time on the clock.

·
Registered
701 Posts
@field14
Yes Jean-Marc is French, actually he is member of our Collectif National Poulies (most of the best French male and female compound archers are members of this group).
Considering this and his average scoring at FITA 1 events (ranked 5th right now in France with 591-590-587) he probably had a problem on the first day, but his last day score is great, glad someone noticed it ;)

181 - 190 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.