Archery Talk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Or better yet volunteer with the NFAA and do the job that you say is not to friggin hard if you can do it better! :wink:
Funny you should make a statement like this.

I went to the IFAA world tournament last year and before we went, the NFAA office was asked if someone could help with getting things ready for the World Team members. That someone was flattly turned down.

I do know of what I speak when I say that this last GOOFAW does not supprise me. It's just another issue in a long line of let-downs.

Let's ask another question. How long does it take for NASCAR to post up on thier web-site the winners of both the Busch event and NASCAR event at the same track?
Answer. One Quick Point And Click.

Again... Just my 2-cents. Not an argument directed at anyone person.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today.
NAWW, Got up just fine :wink:

Just get tired of people [email protected]#ing about the work that Volunteers do weather its the NFAA scores or that they are unhappy with AT's coverage,and people wonder why nobody ever helps out :wink:

Its only scores, Yes I would like to see them but my day will go on until I do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it was PSE< HOYT< Mathews for first, second, and third.

I think Ward shoots HOYT, and Christenberry shoots Mathews.

No, Chance is NOT the first 3-time winner....that belongs to TERRY RAGSDALE, winning it in 1978, 1979, 1985.

Eva Troncoso in the women's won it three times...74, 75, 76. Becky Pearson three times in a row....86, 87, 88.

Of course Katie Smith won it in the women's....SIX times in a row!

field14
Yes, that is correct. and lets see, Terry Ragsdale did it all three times with P.S.E...... Becky Pearson did it ALL three times with P.S.E. ... Katie Smith did it with P.S.E. and now Chance is doin' it with P.S.E....... Im sure this is all a big coinsidence !!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for live updates and CONGRATS to All who endured to the end.............:shade:

Way to go Kale and Micheal. Iowa is proud to have 2 in the FINALS.........:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BAGGER

·
Registered
25 Posts
VEGAS picture collage and video from www.joyfahrenkrog.com

Hi Everyone!

Vegas, as usual was a blast... I promised people that I would post the picture collage/video that I took in Vegas... so here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjoZC669rfw

I'll have it up on my website www.joyfahrenkrog.com in the next couple of days. You can also see it on my myspace: www.myspace.com/joyfahrenkrog.

Congrats to Chance (again - how many times does he have to win this thing ;) ), Jenny, Magnus, Mary and all the other winners!

Joy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, that is correct. and lets see, Terry Ragsdale did it all three times with P.S.E...... Becky Pearson did it ALL three times with P.S.E. ... Katie Smith did it with P.S.E. and now Chance is doin' it with P.S.E....... Im sure this is all a big coinsidence !!!!!:wink: :wink: :wink:
Mary has done it 5(I think) times with a Hoyt as well

Congrats to the big winners, it was exciting to watch!!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
For those who are interested, Jeff Ward is a fine shot, but has been plagued with serious injuries for the last few years. He has not yet fully recovered from the latest surgery which I thought (foolishly) would preclude his being a factor at Vegas this year. In fact, as he left, his shooting was still suspect and 300s weren't in his inventory at the time. His performance in Vegas is unbelievable and he deserves all the credit and applause you can muster for fighting his way through the pain and lack of practice for the past month or so.

Jeff is, and has been for a long while, a top shooter with the nerves to match. Congratulations to all the shootdown participants for another year of amazing performance. Just to get there is a tremendous accomplishment that many of our heroes couldn't match this year. Special congratulations to Chance, Darrin, and my friend and shooting buddy, Jeff. I hope the offers continue to roll in for you!!

The big three continue to roll. I didn't see any of the little guys in there at the end. Maybe there is a difference. Did any of them make the shootdown?

·
Registered
123 Posts
what size has the ten

hello from germany,

Iam looking interested to the vegas shoot.

Can anybody tell me, how big was the ten ? and the X

Was it the same size as at the fita spot ?

In the fita tournaments we use the vertical 3 spot's with the smallest circle with the x as an 10.

Are this two faces (Vegas and Fita) are the thame sice ?

Thank's forwarding

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mary has done it 5(I think) times with a Hoyt as well

Congrats to the big winners, it was exciting to watch!!
I think this was Mary Zorn's 6th time. At least that what she told me. :)

Congrats to all the winners! What a wonderful time and a great event!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Pse?

Katie shot for Martin, not PSE. Maybe she did shoot for PSE at some point and I just don't remember that... or... maybe she just had a funny looking PSE bow that said "MARTIN Cougar Magnum" on the limbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
For those who are interested, Jeff Ward is a fine shot, but has been plagued with serious injuries for the last few years. He has not yet fully recovered from the latest surgery which I thought (foolishly) would preclude his being a factor at Vegas this year. In fact, as he left, his shooting was still suspect and 300s weren't in his inventory at the time. His performance in Vegas is unbelievable and he deserves all the credit and applause you can muster for fighting his way through the pain and lack of practice for the past month or so.

Jeff is, and has been for a long while, a top shooter with the nerves to match. Congratulations to all the shootdown participants for another year of amazing performance. Just to get there is a tremendous accomplishment that many of our heroes couldn't match this year. Special congratulations to Chance, Darrin, and my friend and shooting buddy, Jeff. I hope the offers continue to roll in for you!!

The big three continue to roll. I didn't see any of the little guys in there at the end. Maybe there is a difference. Did any of them make the shootdown?
You forgot one great aspect about Jeff...he is one of the nicest guys you could meet and talk to. Very personable and down to earth. He's as much of a "Joe" as you could ask for with the skill set of the top pros. He is one of the reasons I enjoy Archery Adventures so much. You and he are also doing a great job getting Chris set up for Vegas victories in his future. I also hope for all the best to come to Jeff.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
hello from germany,

Iam looking interested to the vegas shoot.

Can anybody tell me, how big was the ten ? and the X

Was it the same size as at the fita spot ?

In the fita tournaments we use the vertical 3 spot's with the smallest circle with the x as an 10.

Are this two faces (Vegas and Fita) are the thame sice ?

Thank's forwarding

Yes, they are exactly the same size just placed in a triangle on the target face.

·
Registered
123 Posts
vegas 10

deadx,
thanks for reply,
what is the 10 ? One Circle more than the small x circle ?

In the fita was that a recurve 10, in vegas a compound 10 !

was it ?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yes, they are exactly the same size just placed in a triangle on the target face.
The recurve ten is also ten points for compound, but... what is the purpose of note down the Xs???

Also, I think you have 2:30 minutes/3 arrows instead FITA 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
deadx,
thanks for reply,
what is the 10 ? One Circle more than the small x circle ?

In the fita was that a recurve 10, in vegas a compound 10 !

was it ?
Yes, the ten ring is the next ring out from the super X ring. In FITA the X ring is the ten and the rest of the gold is a 9 (little 10, big 9). At Vegas the X ring is just an X and the 10 ring is scored as a 10 during regular competition. All ties between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places are broken by shoot-off. If 2 archers fall out of competition during the shoot-off at the same time their total score during the shoot-off determines there final placement. X count is kept for all archers who tie for 4th place or lower in regular competiton. It only gets slightly complicated when you want to know, immediately after an archer falls out of competition during the shoot-off, exactly in what position he finished if several archers fell out with him. If 2 or more archers fall out together during the shoot-off and they have the same numerical score then total X`count is considered.

161 - 180 of 190 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.