Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend is looking promising for us Midwestern hunters. This will be my personal first real effort for the year typically I would have done a western hunt of some sort and possibly Kentucky velvet but I’m ready to shake the cob webs off and get back in the saddle literally. Good luck out there I expect to start seeing a few more help find my buck threads this weekend :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Definitely looks like a good one. Still about 5-6 days to early for my liking. Have no problem admitting I’m not skilled enough to kill a big one before the pre rut during the early season. Will still be a nice to sit and do some scouting and maybe kill a doe.

·
Registered
890 Posts
It will not it the East Coast till Sunday/Monday. I’m getting all my work done this week while it’s in the 80’s so I can at least climb a tree next week without breaking a sweat.

·
Mark
6,042 Posts
Early muzzle loader this weekend in KY, first cold spell. Let the bodies hit the floor!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
This weekend is looking promising for us Midwestern hunters. This will be my personal first real effort for the year typically I would have done a western hunt of some sort and possibly Kentucky velvet but I’m ready to shake the cob webs off and get back in the saddle literally. Good luck out there I expect to start seeing a few more help find my buck threads this weekend :)
You hunt? I thought you just watched it on TV & Youtube…

·
NAASP
14,752 Posts
I seen a doe being chased yesterday.
So yes, it's time to be out now.
Hear from a friend that he's been seeing bucks more this week during the day looking out his back yard. That started this week.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Good luck to all of you that will surely be laying some nice ones down in the upcoming days. My wife is dragging me to Cancun, would rather be out hunting, but pick your fights!

·
NAASP
14,752 Posts
Have a nice trip and stay safe. There will be action to be had once you return.

Reactions: conservewild

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bosses come and go, good cold fronts in the early season are few and far between! Good luck guys, hopefully everyone has a good season.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts