Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in A.T. News and Announcements, but I figured I would get more response here. CAN ANYONE HELP?

Has anyone else been "locked out" of A.T. I had to re-register with a new name, password and email because I couldn't post or anything. No-one answered my emails to administrators. Kind of P_____ me off. I have done nothing wrong and had in fact not even posted since September, and when I get back on I can't do anything. Hopefully someone with an answer to the reason will read this and reply with a reason why.

Thanks,
David
(formerly kg4tyr)

:mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Did you log on to another computer somewhere else, and not log out when you left? That would do it, but other than that...I have no friggen idea.:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hollowpoint10 said:
Did you log on to another computer somewhere else, and not log out when you left? That would do it, but other than that...I have no friggen idea.:confused:
I have logged on at work and at home many times and never had a problem. Now here is what I get at either location using my original user name:

You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
If your account was disabled at the moderator level, you have to deal with the moderators - it's not like anyone on the forum except a moderator could help you in that case...

-CG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clever_guy said:
If your account was disabled at the moderator level, you have to deal with the moderators - it's not like anyone on the forum except a moderator could help you in that case...

-CG
I realize that, that is why I re-registered and posted this, hoping a moderator or administrator would read it.

NO ONE answered my emails.

I know that a member can't fix the problem, but the question was:

"has anybody else been locked out of A.T."?

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I am now at half a dozen posts with no name recognition, etc., etc.

I know I am no Billy Ray or anyone like that, but felt I was getting established here, and then, BOOM I am a nobody that can't even post or reply to a message, and I just want to know why??

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
GRIV gets a little busy sometimes, especially this time of year. You might want to PM Ox, or ArcheryHistory (TerryM), or Brad Rega - they all moderators and might be able to help you..

-CG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clever_guy said:
GRIV gets a little busy sometimes, especially this time of year. You might want to PM Ox, or ArcheryHistory (TerryM), or Brad Rega - they all moderators and might be able to help you..

-CG
Thanks,
I will do that now that I know who to ask. Plus I wasn't able to PM or Email anyone thru A.T. with my old username because I was locked out.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yea, I have had that problem when I first started. I could not do anything and the same window kept coming up asking me to log on. I would log on and mo matter what I did it would come up again. I e-mailed the administrators and I guess they fixed it because it went away.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
GO Blue,

what was your original username? I bet your cookies expired and you may have a space or a capital letter in your password or something. If you don't type things in just as you set them, it will not let you in. Send me a PM with your old username. I will reset your account with a new pass and PM your Go Blue account with the new info.

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
at one time lots of folks were having trouble logging in...
don't remember what that was all about.
new address or server or software something..??
anyway..

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Most people have a problem logging in because they don't respond the the email confirmation that is sent when you register. If you don't follow the link in that email, your account will never be activated.

Another common problem is having the caps lock key on when typing passwords.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GRIV said:
Most people have a problem logging in because they don't respond the the email confirmation that is sent when you register. If you don't follow the link in that email, your account will never be activated.

Another common problem is having the caps lock key on when typing passwords.
Griv,
I have not tried the new password you sent me yet, although I am sure it will work. The question I would have at this point would be, why would I have to answer an email confirmation after I have been on A.T. since July and had 140 posts. This does not make sense. Anyway thanks for the info I will try to log in as my "former self" and see what happens. If I have trouble you will hear back from me again.

David

·
Registered
725 Posts
It worked

OK I still don't understand why, I was locked out (email comfirmation)? But I am back to my original username.

Griv,
If you read this you can cancel the Go Blue account, I signed up with to access the forums, if that is possible.

Thanks again,
David

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't have any idea why but your user status was set to

"users awaiting email confirmation"

I don't know how this could have been changed or what may have happened.

If I delete your temporary username, this post will dissapear. Is that ok with you?

·
*Chick Repellent*
21,417 Posts
Go Blue said:
I know I am no Billy Ray or anyone like that,
Hey man I'm nobody special....I'm just a member here just like everybody else...

·
Registered
183 Posts
BillyRay said:
Hey man I'm nobody special....I'm just a member here just like everybody else...
AHHHHHHHHHH:( Dont be down on yourself BillyRay... YOU are SPECIAL!!!:D :D :D EEEEEEEEECH!!!SPECIAL to ALL of here at AT...Now give yourself a BIG HUG...:D :D :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
BillyRay said:
AHHHHHHHHHH:( Dont be down on yourself BillyRay... YOU are SPECIAL!!!:D :D :D EEEEEEEEECH!!!SPECIAL to ALL of US, here at AT...Now give yourself a BIG HUG...:D :D :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Apologies for Double POST!!!

I sincerely apologize for the double…I say Double post. I sometime have serious bouts of stuttering…I say Stuttering…I'll try to control… I Say, control myself in the future…Future I say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts