Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are True Back Tension releases verses the more common hinged back tension releases. I am not sure, but I believe someone else was also making one. Has anyone shot both of these releases? Which did your prefer?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Deez, I have shot both of these releases and by far prefer the carter to any that are out there. The Carter has a far better fit to the hand and is easier to adjust. Plus I feel it goes off way cleaner then any of the others out there.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
The carter fits my hand better and I like the safety mechinism. If you were able to hold and shoot the two side by side there really would be no comparison.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I wrote a quick comparison of the two releases at:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=380352

Since I had written the above comparison, I have rebought another Loesch and prefer it over the Evolution, only because it fits my smaller hand better.

Some new things to add in my comparison is that the Evolution has a "crisper" release then the Loesch. And the Evolution does not protrude as much as the Loesch so you will give you "more drawlength" for the same anchor point.

But I like the Loesch just fine. (Not willing to give up my Evolution quite yet though)

Bottom line: get the one that fits your hand. Both releases utilize the same concept for release which has worked out to be the best I've found so far.

Good Luck.

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts