Archery Talk Forum banner

Loggy Bayou Climbing Treestand

22167 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  rebbie
Anyone own/use one of these stands? I might buy one used. The guy is selling it for $125 and its only 1 year old and slightly used. Just wanted to know what you think about this tree stand. I own a summit viper and love it just want to know how it will compare.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Widewater Hunt Club
9,411 Posts
I own two of them. I think the model name was preditor? I'm not sure, but they are both climbing stands.I wish I could give you some really good or really bad reports on them, but they are pretty light in weight. You can climb a tree 25 to 30 ft. and get all locked in in about 10 min. They are a little noisy setting up, but over all a good climbing tree stand. I think I paid a little over $200 for them new.

· Find the arrow, dumb dog.
1,282 Posts
I have two - both from the middle 90's. The Loggy Lite weighs in at 16 lbs with the climber and a lock on strap. THe standard (MUCH better seat) is around 20-21 lbs depending on wether I use the back cushion that straps onto the tree. THis is my "rut" stand that I use the week before rifle season to stay on stand all day.

Only noise problem is the metal "power band". If you don't tape around the al tube where it rests, it sounds like a saber clearing a scabbard. Also, the pins that hold the band can SNAP with a resounding metal ping if your don't put a round of camo duct tape around the metal where it mounts to the pin.

All in all, a very comfortable and well built stand. Great weight as well.

Best of luck,

Ted

· Registered
14,406 Posts
Only noise problem is the metal "power band". If you don't tape around the al tube where it rests, it sounds like a saber clearing a scabbard. Also, the pins that hold the band can SNAP with a resounding metal ping if your don't put a round of camo duct tape around the metal where it mounts to the pin.

Ted
Take a bungee cord and shorten it to about 8-10 inches. Then before you start climbing, use it to attach to and connect both ends of the metal band (through the last holes in the band)where it comes out below the platform. This will completely silence the band. I got that tip from a guy here on AT years ago and when I tried it I couldn't believe it. Simple fix.

Loggys are my favorite climbing stand. I use the Loggy Legend XL platform and a lone wofl seat for the hand climber. Its an all day stand and it weighs about 15lbs. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

· Find the arrow, dumb dog.
1,282 Posts
Good point.

I forgot about that. GREAT noise saver.

What I was referring to was the sound the band makes as you draw it out of the frame where it rests while packed away. It is a lot quieter than my API after I got the tape on there in a few key spots

I did find a couple of bands at a sporting goods store up in E-Town.

Did you ever get one of the fixed platforms? I had one but it ended up getting busted up when a logging operation dropped a tree into the one it was on. Those were some nice stands as well.

I guess there are a few of us old loggy guys still around! I really like mine as well

Ted

· Registered
1,663 Posts
Used to own one back in the late 90's to early 2000. As said I think it is very light, lightest one I ever owned. Also as said it could be a bit noisy climbing. The band will slip on smooth barked trees when wet (friend found that out but luckly had his saftey harness on). I never used a climbing aid with it, just hugged the tree and went up...was very hard to do after open heart surgery 2 months before doing it!! All in all wish I hadn't sold it due to the light weight.

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Take a bungee cord and shorten it to about 8-10 inches. Then before you start climbing, use it to attach to and connect both ends of the metal band (through the last holes in the band)where it comes out below the platform. This will completely silence the band. I got that tip from a guy here on AT years ago and when I tried it I couldn't believe it. Simple fix.

Loggys are my favorite climbing stand. I use the Loggy Legend XL platform and a lone wofl seat for the hand climber. Its an all day stand and it weighs about 15lbs. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Wish I would have known about this! I had one that I bought back in 1996. I had it for many years and finally sold it in 2007 to try out their new model. What a mistake that was! The newer model might have gripped the tree better, but it did not lock to tree as good as the original model! The new climbing aid was much better though! Like someone mentioned the rubber on the band part did not grip to the tree that great and if the tree was a little wet, forget it! If you still have an older Loggy Bayou, I would recomend getting their new climbing aid! I sent my new Loggy Bayou back to Cabelas and finall got me an Equalizer Tree Stand and haven't looked back! The Equalizer is the Best Climbing Stand I have ever owned! The positive locking feature locks to the tree like it's nailed!

bj99robinson in mine opinion don't waste your time on a new Loggy! Look for an older model and just buy the new climbing aid! Good Luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.