Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have gotten out of the North Starr stand business , and only have enought money for a couple Loc-ons. I am looking at the loggy Monarch or Summit Copperhead. I like these because they have really big platforms and are light, loggy- 10lbs, summit -15lbs. I have looked at the Gorilla line and love the seat but the weight and platform size is not what I need. Let me know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I recently purchased the monarch. I have hung it in the backyard to practice shooting out of and I like it so far. The platform is a real nice size and the seat is really comfortable. The only thing I have against it is the straps that they give you to carry it are not that comfortable. Other than that I have no complaints. The seat is made of cloth and I worry that once wet, it will be hard to dry. Hope this helps.

·
Vendor
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miltiades said:
I recently purchased the monarch. I have hung it in the backyard to practice shooting out of and I like it so far. The platform is a real nice size and the seat is really comfortable. The only thing I have against it is the straps that they give you to carry it are not that comfortable. Other than that I have no complaints. The seat is made of cloth and I worry that once wet, it will be hard to dry. Hope this helps.
hey seems all of them put the cheap straps to carry, but the North Starr 's had a really good backpack strap. I think the Pro model has a waterproof cover on the seat. Do you think you could sit a long time on the seat? does it feel strudy? What steps are you using?Where did you get yours? Thanks for the info.

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
DartonHunter101 said:
Do you think you could sit a long time on the seat?
WRT the seats...look at the difference between the two. The Loggy seat is wide at the front while the Copperhead seat narrows down to a point. This was done to avoid that "bite" into the back of your legs for those long sits. I have a Summit Clearshot climber (which is basically the climbing version of the Copperhead) and they share the same seat design. From what I recall, the new Copperheads fold flat and are only 12lbs.

·
Registered
952 Posts
A friend of mine has the Summit Copperhead ,and it's sweet stand .

·
Only visiting this planet
4,216 Posts
I got the loggy last year and I'm sure the weight is more like 8lb - that's REALLY light. Super easy to lift up a tree and setup.
I hunted out of it about 5 times and had no complaints. I think one model actually has a waterproof seat cover.
This year I'll have several trees with pegs already set and will use the Loggy as a mobile stand...

·
Registered
886 Posts
I recently bought 2 Monarch Ultra Lights. They come in at 8 pounds. I have not hunted from them yet, but they seem like a great stand for the money. They hold 300 pounds, have a big platform, are quiet, are very nice to carry. I go tmine for elk hunting. I have no complaints so far, but I have not sat in one for very long yet either. The Copperhead looks to have a more comfortable seat, but it cost a lot more too compared to the $80 I spent on the Loggy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts