Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought AT would be buzzing by now with the Logic's release. My dealer still doesn't have one to see/try.

Anyone shoot one and have a report?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
My dealer is waiting for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,772 Posts
Apparently no dealer has them yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
My shop didn't have one yet either. It appears as if everything got botched up this year for Prime. The bow was put in Bowhunter magazine prior to the official release and now it appears as if very few if any dealers have the flagship bow.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You guys are making me curious will have to call my dealer tomorrow and see if he has one (closed today). Maybe they weren't ready to release but it came out in that magazine add so they figured they had to throw something out there. My most disappointing part is no info on a completely new cam. That's like not talking about the engine in a car at an auto show.

·
Team Gutshot
2,869 Posts
I'm very interested in the bow. Which is was a bit longer but that'll probably come next year.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I shot the Logic the other day and it's amazing. I shot it side by side alternating between it and the Triax. I was very impressed with both bows.

The initial balance of the Logic is very similar to the Centergy. I feel like the Logic however holds slightly better then my Centergy. Now compared to the Triax I would say the hold is close to even. The Triax did balance great but did seem to need a bit more effore to position.

The draw of the Logic is a joy. The bow pulled smother then my Centergy and felt very consistent throughout the pull. The pull on the Triax was very smooth to up to the end where to me it felt like it gave out suddenly into the back wall. At full draw the Logic for my 28.5 draw felt better and seemed to automatically go to my anchor. With my Centergy it does not always feel like I have my perfect anchor immediately after the draw. I also felt that the Triax for mydraw locked in very nicely and felt just as comfortable at full draw as the Logic.

Now on the shot the Logic seemed slightly more dead then my Centergy. After the shot the bow seemed to not move and was very quiet. As a added bonus the Logic also had zero of the prime ping after the shot. Compared to the Triax which was more quiet but only by a small margin for some reason felt as if it was kicking to the side after the shot. It was still dead in the hand but had the kick to it which would require me to play with it some more to get a better feel.

I'm very interested in a Logic now and I think it will be a great selling bow. I like my Centergy but the Logic felt different in a good way and I may have to shoot it some more.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I shot the Logic the other day and it's amazing. I shot it side by side alternating between it and the Triax. I was very impressed with both bows.

The initial balance of the Logic is very similar to the Centergy. I feel like the Logic however holds slightly better then my Centergy. Now compared to the Triax I would say the hold is close to even. The Triax did balance great but did seem to need a bit more effore to position.

The draw of the Logic is a joy. The bow pulled smother then my Centergy and felt very consistent throughout the pull. The pull on the Triax was very smooth to up to the end where to me it felt like it gave out suddenly into the back wall. At full draw the Logic for my 28.5 draw felt better and seemed to automatically go to my anchor. With my Centergy it does not always feel like I have my perfect anchor immediately after the draw. I also felt that the Triax for mydraw locked in very nicely and felt just as comfortable at full draw as the Logic.

Now on the shot the Logic seemed slightly more dead then my Centergy. After the shot the bow seemed to not move and was very quiet. As a added bonus the Logic also had zero of the prime ping after the shot. Compared to the Triax which was more quiet but only by a small margin for some reason felt as if it was kicking to the side after the shot. It was still dead in the hand but had the kick to it which would require me to play with it some more to get a better feel.

I'm very interested in a Logic now and I think it will be a great selling bow. I like my Centergy but the Logic felt different in a good way and I may have to shoot it some more.
I shouldn't speculate because I haven't shot either the Logic or Triax, but hey this is AT so I'll say it anyways haha! I don't think there is any way the Triax can hold as good on target as the Logic. The Triax riser has a lot more reflex to it and its also 3" shorter ATA. Also, the wide cams of the Logic with yokes on the string has to decrease any grip induced torque compared to the Triax. Hold both at full draw and try to torque them by moving around grip - let me know which one moves more. For me the Halon vs Ion - the Halon shakes like a leaf in the wind if you move the grip around at all. The Ion stays put.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I shouldn't speculate because I haven't shot either the Logic or Triax, but hey this is AT so I'll say it anyways haha! I don't think there is any way the Triax can hold as good on target as the Logic. The Triax riser has a lot more reflex to it and its also 3" shorter ATA. Also, the wide cams of the Logic with yokes on the string has to decrease any grip induced torque compared to the Triax. Hold both at full draw and try to torque them by moving around grip - let me know which one moves more. For me the Halon vs Ion - the Halon shakes like a leaf in the wind if you move the grip around at all. The Ion stays put.
I'd weigh both bows and see how they compare. If the Triax holds similar to the Logic its because they added a lot more weight under the grip to get it to balance right. They do have that new damper thing at the bottom pocket for a reason, I think.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
I dont have a local shop that sells Prime. Are there any online dealers?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I shot the Logic today along side the Triax. The cosmetics of the Logic were as expected - perfect. The draw was a little "abrupt" as it fell into the valley but this bow had the limb stops and I tend to think the cable stops might improve upon that. The release was smooth and very quiet and dead in hand. I shot about 10 yds so the arrow hitting the bale would tend to mask the bow noise some. Over all I like this Bow.

Problem is, I like the Triax just as much. Cosmetics are fine but maybe not as perfect as the Logic. Draw was really nice and the release was as good as any Bow I have ever shot. Quiet and vibe free. I think this Bow may not need any stab which would give it a slight weight advantage. It certainly has a speed advantage. I'm unsure if I would like the peep location that would be needed, so high on the string and distance from my eye (because of the short A to A).

I really am up in the air on which I would choose between these two. More time is needed with each.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
my dealer has a logic and im going to shoot it when i pick up my strings and cables for my ion.
i hate the new design and im not expecting much.
ill be looking for a used centergy before i spend money on a split limb anything.
it looks like a halon in drag.
( disclaimer Prime is my favorite bow company ( i left bowtech) i dont think prime should have
jumped on the split limb wagon )

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
my dealer has a logic and im going to shoot it when i pick up my strings and cables for my ion.
i hate the new design and im not expecting much.
ill be looking for a used centergy before i spend money on a split limb anything.
it looks like a halon in drag.
( disclaimer Prime is my favorite bow company ( i left bowtech) i dont think prime should have
jumped on the split limb wagon )
And Ive been waiting since the Shift for Prime to come to their senses and build a split-limb bow!! LOL So, I think they made an intelligent move......

At least they didnt make their whole line split-limb........so, you can still have what you want.....

Id be interested to hear your thoughts after shooting the split-limb bow.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I shot it for the second time today at a different dealer. I thought they did a great job, went back and forth between the logic and realm. Draws are a identical and vib was equal. The logic seem to hold like a rock, not that the realm didn't but you could just feel a bit steadier. The big nock for the logic is that it is louder then I would like, maybe some limbsavers would help? Idk

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts