Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a lone wolf hang on stand with there climbing sticks. But they seem to be a little pricy. I would like to hear from people that have them and those that decided not to buy them. Likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just bougt mine about a week ago, and since the season doesnt open for 3 more weeks I cant tell you how they "hunt", but they "pack" very well and set up as fast as can be expected

·
Registered
930 Posts
the best .... i love mine. the stand and sticks are easy to carry and relocate.this is the most stable stand you will ever sit in. i am pretty good sized also.pay the price ----the ground is hard

·
Registered
472 Posts
lone wolf

I have The lone wolf hang on and the sticks, The one Thing that you will not notice until you use one is How easy it is To attach The stand to the tree when you are at The height you want to hunt. One tip is lean the first climbing stick against The tree the bottom of The stick is sitting on The ground now stand on it you are now 3 feet off The ground attach the other climbing stick as high up as you can The are so strong you can sort of jump and pull yourself up to it. Practice getting up the tree by only climbing up one time. Either strap your stand on your back or pull it up with a rope. Last year I had 2 bucks feeding 75 yards from my stand I actually removed my stand and very slowly climber down from the tree and crawled to within 25 yards of Them. they never had any Idea I was There until there damm noses told on me. anyway. I am going to buy another lone wolf they are not cheap but Think about this you are climbing 20 feet in the air with a handfulll of razors.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I don't have the stand, but I use the sticks and I love 'em. Get 4 of them and you will get up 20 feet with no problems.:)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
my dad an I just ordered

a stand and set of sticks for each of us.....lots of research and they come recommended very highly by many.

J

·
ObsessionArchery.com
3,914 Posts
I use the stand with 4 sticks. These are the best. You will be very happy. I'll never screw in another treestep after using the climbing sticks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Spend the $$

I own 6 of the stands and a set of 4 sticks. Five of the stands are up and are used with various climbing sticks. I keep one stand and the 4 lone wolf sticks in reserve in case I find a spot that I don't want to use a climber (also Lone Wolf).

The Lone Wolf sticks are easy to put up and with 4 you can easily get up to 20 feet.

They are the best lock-on out there. I own quite a few other stands (like Chippewa Wedge-loc, etc), but none of them comes close to the LW Alphas.

Two key points: They are very quiet and are very easy to put up in a tree.

Easy to brush-up as well.

Spend the $$.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have a shed full of loc ons, but i always go for the lone wolf alpha, it is by far the lightest, quietest, and easiest to setup than anyother stand i have used, and the climbing sticks are made to pack perfectly on the stand for walking in. Spend the $ you will never regret it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
spend the $$$$$, you won't be sorry. The only thing I can recommend is buy a couple extra hook/strap assemblies.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I got a stand with 3 sticks about a month ago and even though I haven't hunted out of it yet it's the best stand that I own. I put it up about 2 weeks ago and it went up so quick and easy. I can't wait to get a few more stands and sticks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've had then for 2 seasons now they set up fast farly light and quit. my stand is the older modle and the seat isn't very comfortable.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I don't have the sticks but use many different assorted climbing sticks. I do have the Lone Wolf stand and it's as good as they get! After reading here and in the past about how much folks like the LW sticks maybe I should order a few sections???

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sticks

Cornfed said:
I don't have the sticks but use many different assorted climbing sticks. I do have the Lone Wolf stand and it's as good as they get! After reading here and in the past about how much folks like the LW sticks maybe I should order a few sections???

Cornfed... You wont be Dissapointed... Hands down the best most versatile I have used or seen... pricey, But I have never minded paying for something that serves its intended purpose and does'nt Dissapoint, also its an Investemnt you will make 1 time, because they will last a lifetime and then some..

Dan

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
The BEST out there

If you want the best, look no further. Go try the combo and you'll forget about the price. Worth every penny! :darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts