Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a LW assault that I want to be mobile with, my "stealth/scouting" set up, if you will. Whitetail hunting only!!!

I intend to carry 4 to 6 LW climbing sticks as well. I will use the UCR's rather than the factory straps for both the sticks and stand.

What is the best shoulder strap set up for carrying these? Also, for those using a Badlands pack, how do you carry these items at the same time? Just trying not to have to experiment here, when the "wheel" has already been created! Also, I have not bought a pack yet. Recommendations?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I bought Molle backpack straps and waist belt off Ebay for 30.00 and put them on my LW Alpha. They are simular to the wolf pack sys.

·
Banned
405 Posts
go and check out the strap and pack at gameplan gear!!!!

·
Registered
5,465 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This (gameplan gear t.t.s.) looks to me anyway, to be the better carry system of the ones suggested.

I just wondered, with either, how your fanny pack works out? or does not workout??

How do you then carry your stuff that was in your fanny pack? Not that I take alot in with me, but need the few things that are carried in the fanny pack,i.e. water,snacks, pullup rope, hat, etc. ???

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I use a set of padded backpack straps from Gander Mountain and they work pretty well. Not sure which Badlands pack you are using, but sometimes I also strap my Assault and sticks onto my 2200 if I am pulling an all day sit.

·
Banned
405 Posts
the one i have has room for things in it ! also an old cameraman trick is to bungie it on the stand i do this alot an then carry my extra clothes between them till i get to the tree and put it on!!!!
This (gameplan gear t.t.s.) looks to me anyway, to be the better carry system of the ones suggested.

I just wondered, with either, how your fanny pack works out? or does not workout??

How do you then carry your stuff that was in your fanny pack? Not that I take alot in with me, but need the few things that are carried in the fanny pack,i.e. water,snacks, pullup rope, hat, etc. ???

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I strap my assault & 5 bucksteps to my badlands 2800.

First I use the staps on the stand & run them through the platform & around the bucksteps & tighten that down. Then I just lay my pack down & run the four buckle staps from the batwing of the pack through the platform & over the seat rail & tighten. Then I use this 2 staps that compress the bottom compartment of the pack through also. This holds the stands very securely & keeps it pretty balanced. I have no problems hiking with this set-up. I tightens enough to the pack that I can cross creeks, bend under shrubbery, what ever I need to do.

·
Registered
567 Posts
thanks, this one is about the same as what you have? and you have no problem carrying a stand and sticks a few miles?

jared

·
Do it in style!
2,241 Posts
yep, just I found mine cheaper than that everytime. Keep checking ebay and I am sure you can too.

here is mine, I have since turned it around with the seat at the bottom.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I bought the Wolfpack, If i could do over I'd buy the Gameplan. I thought I would be able to carry moste of my stuff in it and streamline my setup. Anything you put in the pockets that is not soft digs into my ribs. so the pockets are basically useless.

As for badlands I wish they would make a pack that you could clip your treestand to.

I don't use a pack I got out my wife's sewing machine and made a old school draw string duffel for my outer layers and a smaller one that fits into the large one to carry all my gear. Its not what id like but it works.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I bought the Wolfpack, If i could do over I'd buy the Gameplan. I thought I would be able to carry moste of my stuff in it and streamline my setup. Anything you put in the pockets that is not soft digs into my ribs. so the pockets are basically useless.

As for badlands I wish they would make a pack that you could clip your treestand to.

I don't use a pack I got out my wife's sewing machine and made a old school draw string duffel for my outer layers and a smaller one that fits into the large one to carry all my gear. Its not what id like but it works.
I carry my LW Sit & Climb on my Badlands 2200 all the time, and also pack in my Assault and sticks with it as well.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I carry my LW Sit & Climb on my Badlands 2200 all the time, and also pack in my Assault and sticks with it as well.
Ack next time you have your tree stand on your 2200 could you snap a few pics of it. I want to get a badlands in the worst way but I don't want to bungie it to my tree stand.

Thanks,
Marshall

1 - 19 of 19 Posts