Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting some climbing sticks, has anyone tried the mini sticks? Just wondering what you thought of them,are they easier or better than the reg. sticks? Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm thinking about getting some climbing sticks, has anyone tried the mini sticks? Just wondering what you thought of them,are they easier or better than the reg. sticks? Thanks
the regular sticks work great. not really sure what the value of the mini sticks would be, other than the abilty to put them in a smaller space on goofy trees?? like i said the regulars are great

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I think they are great. I've got the regular ones. With a few other branches to give me a few extra feet i was easily in the 15" range. I don't if that is going to be possible with the minis.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
I use the minis. I love them because you can either use the strap they sell or sometimes I just put them in my backpack. Another advantage to the minis are if you live in the south or anywhere it is thick you can get through the brush easier.:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Been using the long ones for couple years. Got the mini's for this year. Think they will be easier to transport through the woods using a shoulder strap. They are easier to strap to the tree. I'm going to take a hacksaw to my long ones so I'll end up with 6 mini's. 6 mini's vs. 4 regulars weigh about the same, and will get you to about 20'.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have three mini's and three long ones. I can put the three mini's up and I only have to get a little off the ground to do that and I already have ten feet or so before I start to put the longer ones on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts