Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about these three hang-ons.

I know that Lone Wolf has a large following becasue of their weight, cast platform, etc. The Loggy Bayou Predator (I think that is the correct model) is supposed to be their model to compete with Lone Wolf.

Now I know that these stands have positive points for the weight and quietness. But it does seem that their seats wouldn't be very comfortable for long site. The Millennium stands I know have very comfortable seats and the ability to have several receivers for one platform. I believe their weight is between 3 to 5 lbs heavier.

I think that you would definiately consider comfort a factor when choosing since most people sit in their stands a minimum of 4 1/2 hours up to 8 hours. Cost also may be a factor in which the Loggy Bayou is cheaper.

My question is if you were going to spend your money on a new hang-on which one would you buy and why?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a loggy climber. Very comfortable.
I also have a lone wolf strap on w/ 4 climbing sticks.
I take the lone wolf out in the woods 9 out of 10 times because those perfect trees in the right spot are very rare. I can setup the lw in any kind of tree amaginable and level out the seat and platform. Solid product.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Millenium

I have both a Lone Wolf and a Predator. I have used a Millenium and it is hands down the most comfortable. I have a Millenium on order and I would not consider another stand for all day sits.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Remember that alot of guys sit for a "morning" or "afternoon", and alot of them even stand for periods of time during the hunt. If your standing or even sitting for short periods, the LW and LB are great. Infact, you can stand up and sit down a little easier from those stands, but if you want to be able to sit and sit still and be really comfortable for long periods, and not have to support your torso with your abs and back muscles, the Millenium hands down- no comparison.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Depending on the type of hunting you are doing, the slight lack of comfort is a worthy sacrifice for the LW. If you are moving a lot and moving your set-ups, i wouldn't use any other stand, even if i'm sitting all day. (a gorrilla air-ride seat works great on the LW by the way to improve the comfort). If its a stand that is going to stay in the same place all season, go for comfort.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Loggy Bayou Monarch XL is 10lbs, has a big platform, a big puffy seat, and costs under $100. I sit in them all day, no problem.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
hang on

I have the Loggy, but I bought a Gorilla cushion and put on the seat. Much better. I gues it would work on the Lone Wolf as well. I have heard the Mellinum is comfortable, but hard to stand up from due to the angle of recline in the seat.
On a side note I also use a Gorilla Expedition Magnum lite Hunter XLS treestand. It has the net seat which is the most comfortable IMO and it is Aluminum so its very lite. The Loggy and the Gorilla I use as pack in stands meaning I pack them in and out each time I hunt. I have other stands I hang and leave up all season. They are all Gorilla stands but not Aluminum ones. I can't spend the extra money for Al unless I am packing it in and out each day. My Gorillas are mostly the Expedition Magnum XLS stands with the net seat.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have several loggys more monarchs and a few predators.

i prefer the monarchs for long sits, very comfortable and only 10 or 12lbs, plus they can be had for around $70 actually both are that price

to me the predator is alot like the lone wolf, great for uneven trees, or to put up with you move your stands alot, i tend to put my monarchs in a spot usually for a few months at a time and will use the predators for temporary locations.

if i want to sit somewhere for a long time nod to monarch,

·
Registered
150 Posts
lock on

would it not be quicker to hang a stand if the bracket is in the tree already ?
i think this will be the deciding factor for me ' I hunt out of a summit climber now but some spots do not allow climbers at all , that is why i am in the market for this option . i figure the lone wolf ladder steps and a hang on with brackets would make things very nice?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Mill

I have a Predator but not used it yet, I know there is no way the seat will be as comfortable as my other LB Big Daddy sling style seat. The Mil's got everything covered in my opinion. Light and comfortable.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have the millenium and I can say that it is the most comfortable stand I have ever used.Also there was some talk about being able to be on the move and setting up quickly,well the millenium has a bracket and you can get extra's and use them in different places.Not to mention that the bracket is alot easier to set in the tree than a 10-15 pound stand.The only thing that is a pain with the stand is when you stand up the seat put's you at the edge of the platform before you swing it up and out of the way.I will never go back to the old style hang ons ever again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
have you looked at summits deer decks ,,very big platform and big seat ,,bought 2 for $79 apiece real sturdy stand !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts