Archery Talk Forum banner

lone wolf or summit

1999 13
I have another thread on here about the gorilla climber, but now I found two good deals on a couple other stands. One is the lone wolf alpha sit and climb and the other is the summit titan. Just like some advice to help me make a decision. Then I may spring for one of these and not the gorilla even thought they are twice the price.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
475 Posts
Summit for comfort, LW for portability. I bought a LW because on public land I usually walk 2-3 miles into my stand. The new sit and climb with the sling seat looks real nice though.

· Registered
2,351 Posts
I like the LW over the Summit; packs better and is quieter but not as comfortable IMO. Both are good stands and have a lot of happy users.

· Registered
2,821 Posts
both are great stands, i have a lone wolf, brother-in-law has a summit goliath. Seems like the summit would be more comfortable if your a bigger guy (taller than probably 6' and over 230lbs) I am 5'10" and weigh around 185 and i put a summit seat on my lone wolf. this thing is ungodly comfortable, i have a hard time staying awake in it. i did notice that his summit makes alittle bit more noise(both climbing and transport), and it packs a little wider.

Both are great stands, just depends on what you value more and your size. If you are taller than 6'3" i would go with a summit just because it can be difficult to climb in the lone wolf if your too tall, i have no problem at all at 5'10" though.

Also the lone wolf is a lot more quieter all around and packs thin. I keep my stand in my trunk along with my bow during the hunting season, so something that packs thin is a must for me.

· Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good info so far. I am 6 foot 180, so I am not a big guy. I plan to use the stand for mostly longer sits. The places I have around my home I hunt I have stands already out for the season. I plan to go to my gun land this year and bow hunt during the peak of rut. Its a 3 hour trip so I will probably go for a few days and sit all day each day. I also plan to use it for a few local trips to public land which may be shorter trips. So far the deals I found include the lone wolf alpha sit and climb, summit titan, and the summit viper. They are all new in the box, 2008 models, and very good deals.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Before you buy either give these a look www.treewalkertreestands.com
I am the same size as you only I have had 2 lumbar fussions and after a total of 4 back surgeries these stands allow me to stay all day with no pain and they climb so easy and bite the tree so well they are as stable as a rock once set.
Go to the web site and compare the 5 models one has to fit your needs.
At 56years old with a bad back I can still hunt and climb like I did at 20 just a litle slower.

· Registered
31 Posts
If you decide to go with the lone wolf the fastest (and only) place that I was able to find them was on ebay. There is a place on there that has the buy it now option and he has about 10 left. All my local dealers are sold out and on back order and the guy on ebay offers free shipping. Mine is in the mail, hopefully they are as nice as everyone says thay are. Good luck with whatever you decide.

· Cull-buck magnet
827 Posts
depends on what is most important to you..

I have the LW sit and climb (2008 model) and the Summit 180. I am 6'3" 230#. I like the Summit for comfort and ease of climbing (my knees hit the seat on the LW as I climb), but everything else I like the LW better. I cut the back rest off of both my seats because they make too much noise and are cumbersome to deal with while packing and climbing. I also like the fact that I can adjust the platform of the LW easily while in the tree (always wearing a safety belt and using the LW straps that tether the top and bottom together, of course). The LW is MUCH quieter while walking, unpacking and climbing. The only thing you sacrifice is a little comfort. Get the footrest for whichever stand you buy!

· Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I picked the summit viper SS. So far I have only climbed two trees in the back yard, no hunting yet. So far so good, I like it. Very very comfortable!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.