Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is gonna be my first year going moble with a portable set up.....when u guys r accending up the tree do you keep the stand on your back or do you hoist it up with a tow rope?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
hoist it up don't keep it on your back . that can lead to problems. i put the sticks over my shoulder as i go up and attach them to the tree. then i pull the stand up

·
Registered
519 Posts
Depends on how quiet im trying to be... Ive hung the first 3 and then climbed down, got the 4th and put the stand on my back like mentioned.... but I find myself hanging all my sticks first and them trying two ropes to me.... One to the LW alpha and another to my backpack/camera bag. Makes it nice to not have to run up and down a tree sweating a bunch if your gonna hunt that day

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
You should practice and figure out what works best for you.
I also agree, sometimes I pull it up, but if I feel comfortable in the tree, I'll keep it on my back. I use screw in steps, so I don't have to worry about the sticks clanking on the stand.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So....if you use the hoist system...u would need atleast 2 hoists?...1- for stand 1- for bow and what about late season with warm bag suit?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i put mine on my back:weightlifter:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do u feel the weight of the stand when your working your way up the tree guys?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts