Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having 6 hang-on tree stands stolen over the years, I'm considering trying a Lone Wolf Assault hang-on stand with the Easy Hang Hook and Strap. What experience (good or bad) have you had with any Lone Wolf Stand AND the Easy Hang Hook and Strap?

· Registered
14,752 Posts
After having 6 hang-on tree stands stolen over the years, I'm considering trying a Lone Wolf Assault hang-on stand with the Easy Hang Hook and Strap. What experience (good or bad) have you had with any Lone Wolf Stand AND the Easy Hang Hook and Strap?
the LW hang on stand is the best i think for a hang on,,i don't use the hook though.
the LW climbers are junk IMO.i feel like im trying to ride a tricycle climbing with them.

· Registered
5,351 Posts
I use LW as my mobil stand. Easy to set up. Light. The straps are easy to use. I use the climbing sticks too. I'd say the same about them.

· Do it in style!
2,319 Posts
I like the assault but I am still getting useto the sticks, I think I need a longer linemans belt so let me get a little farther from the tree and it will help but stand is nice and easy to set up and with a new seat isnt to bad for a 4-5 hour sit

· Registered
18 Posts
If you are interested in long sits buy the alpha stand instead of the assault. It is a little bigger and more comfy for all day sits. It does not weigh much more and they work awesome using the hook system. You only need to own one and then buy all the hang on straps you want. No more stolen stands and you get to hunt from the same stand all the time. ALWAYS install the second strap around the button before getting into it. In my experience and opinion there is simply no equal system on the market.

· Registered
326 Posts
I suggest taking a look at the Millenium stands. They are the most comfortable lock-on stand on the market. They have two parts: the stand and the receiver. You can hang several receiver/stick combos and carry your stand with you each time. It is very light at 14.5 lbs and easy to hang. We have standardized our farm with them and everyone loves them. It would be perfect for a place where there is a chance for theft.

· Registered
334 Posts
I use my LW assault and sticks and pack them in on nearly every hunt since I hunt public land exclusively. As was stated earlier, if you are sitting for long periods, get the alpha, the assault is a little small. Also, you might as well buy a Gorilla seat for it at the time of purchase cause the LW seats suck....do a search and you'll see what I mean.

With a little practice you can get the LW sticks and stand set up in no time. I don't know of a better system for carrying in and out of the woods on a daily basis.

-Deadfall

· Registered
788 Posts
Lone Wolf make excellent stands. I have the Alpha, the Assualt, four climbing sticks and the climber (with both the sit-n-climb and hand climb upper halves). I only tried the easy-hook once and didn't see any advantage to it. The hang-on's are easy to put up as they are. I have been using my climber more often than the others lately.

· BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts
I just got a LW Alpha and climbing sticks. My first time using the sticks so it was kind of awkward but the stand was nice. I did get the hook and it was a little tricky getting it on the hook but it made it easier to have both hands free instead of having to keep one hand on the stand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.