Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
outback1
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new lone wolf sit and climb yesterday,I was wondering if there was any secrets on climbing with it I should know? I have had several clombers im the past,is this one any diffrent to climb with than say the summit viper? thank's in advance!

·
Registered
695 Posts
My father has the sit and climb and he has never mentioned anything different about using it compared to other climbers. I have the hand climber and it is very different. I dont think there are any tricks to your stand, it should climb just like the others. They are awesome stands though, dead quiet. I love mine. Good Luck this year!

·
Registered
211 Posts
lone wolf

I just picked one up too, and after my first experience with it, I did not like it.

The seat section is very small in my opinion. You will make noise if you have bulky clothes on or a linemans belt with metal clasps and your knees are basically touching the tree as you climb. Plus when you're up in the stand, the seat wants to fall off constantly.

I'm going to practice with it a few more times, but may end up using my summit this season until I get more comfortable with the LW.

The stand itself is definitely quiet, so that is a plus. I just need to figure out how to climb without rubbing my clothes.

Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
STand

Hi I think if your knees are hitting while you are going up the tree you may be bringing the platform up too far each time. The farther you lift it the farther your knees will stick out. If your seat is falling down the tree you are not pulling the straps tight on the side while you are sitting down. If you are sitting down on the sitting bar and you get to where you want to hunt you tighten the straps and then stand up. The pressure should keep it very tight. I have used API, Summitt, Loggy Bayou, old man and all sorts of others over the years and the Lone Wolf has by far came up with the best design yet. The cast platform makes a big difference when walking thru the woods. NO TINGING of twigs. I think it is like all else you have to practice with it a little before you can make a solid performance oppinion. I think you wont be sorry. Good luck with the stand and the deer hunting this year!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts