Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a lone wolf tree seat, too good of a buy to pass up! I know it is not designed for use in an elevated position, neither is the steel platform I am currently using with my tree saddle! Has anyone used the lone wolf tree seat as a platform for their tree saddle? It is a few pounds lighter and seems sturdier than what I currently use.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Tried it and did not work for me. I am a big guy and that was probably the reason. I ended up buying the assasin to use the platform. Works better for me. I am 245.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Tried it and did not work for me. I am a big guy and that was probably the reason. I ended up buying the assasin to use the platform. Works better for me. I am 245.
Same here, would not work. I reworked the Tree seat so it would be more stable, but my weight ended up pushing the bolt right through the square tubing. Stumbled on an Assassin on clearance at Bass Pro for $100. Scooped that up. Previously, I called Lone wolf and tried to get them to sell me the platform without the treesuit, but they would not do it. They told me a lot of Treesaddle users wanted the platform. Maybe the TreeSaddle people should make a deal with Lone wolf and offer the platform as a Treesaddle accessory.

·
Registered
91 Posts
HAnd Climber

I currently use this exact setup. I did have to make some minor adjustments but it works great. I too would like the assassin but until they separate it and sell it as a stand alone I would'nt buy it

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What adjustments did you make to the tree seat, I can't find an assassin platform & will not pay $250 for a new one! I got a good deal on the lone wolf tree seat & would like to replace my current platform. I use a steel gorilla tree seat with a ratchet strap.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I didn't read that you were using a hand climber you modified, what did you have to do to it to make it work for you?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Saddle with assassin

Ok, I threw down up the extra dollars and bought the assassin. I now feel like I have the deadly combination I want with absolute comfort and a rock solid base for long sit comfort. Just 2 pegs on back side of tree and I am the Ninja Assassin, Death from Above:! Oh, I know it is a pricey and as long as my wife doesn't know what I paid for it, well worth it.:thumbs_up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts