Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
The XOP has some nice upgrades in features but as far as looks go the LW is a much cleaner looking stand. China is not better than USA. The XOP upright seat post is better,the metal versa button is better,the flip seat cushion is better and the price is cheaper. And i like the green color better as well but the finish sucks on the XOP. I could care less but some guys will be upset with the XOP finish coming off. The XOP sticks are a better design as well. Longer steps,end of steps sweep upward for improved traction,V-bracket holds sticks a little further from the tree for foot room while climbing and the sticks lock together very nicely. XOP will be cheaper because they are made in China.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Xop changed paint in 2017. 2016 finishes do wear off if left all year. It actually makes them more camo to be honest. All the other pros and cons were talked about. I have many of both. I won't buy LW, TOO expensive. Everyone talks China vs USA yet people will run out and pay $85 for other POS china made stands that last about a year and they start popping when stepped on. Personally i run most xop silver mediums. I have a few AR AND vanish but prefer the silver. If you can find em, buy em

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Xop sticks are better too IMO. HOWEVER and i repeat...there is what XOP is called upgrade kit for the sticks. It should be called emergency recall fix. Go to.the site and get the free bolts for the steps. It will insure that the step won't slide if the plate breaks. Owners of the sticks should go to the site and fix the potential issue. They are free, just add to your cart.

XOP was very respectful and responsive to a few issues w the stick steps. Go get the kit please and be safe. All companies have some issues. How they resolve them is what matters

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've owned both, sticks and stand from both companies. I'm a pretty tight spender, bought the XOP first. Sold and waited for a good deals on the classifieds and ponied up for the LW stuff. You get what you pay for. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The xop is 2.5 pounds heavier than the assault if you are a hang and hunt guy where weight is a concern. Straight up false advertising by xop. They did refund my money no problem.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I bought xop hated so much I just ordered another but the finish does chip but it's not terrible

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
thanks for posting that info just ordered them, better to safe than sorry.

Xop sticks are better too IMO. HOWEVER and i repeat...there is what XOP is called upgrade kit for the sticks. It should be called emergency recall fix. Go to.the site and get the free bolts for the steps. It will insure that the step won't slide if the plate breaks. Owners of the sticks should go to the site and fix the potential issue. They are free, just add to your cart.

XOP was very respectful and responsive to a few issues w the stick steps. Go get the kit please and be safe. All companies have some issues. How they resolve them is what matters

·
Registered
14,157 Posts
Lone wolf is much better quality.

I have had issues with several XOP products. I will never purchase another.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
The xop is 2.5 pounds heavier than the assault if you are a hang and hunt guy where weight is a concern. Straight up false advertising by xop. They did refund my money no problem.
Thanks for posting this. I'm also in the market and wasn't aware.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
False advertising should tell you who to go with.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
What Boonerbrad posted was spot on.
Often times treestand companies posted weight is stand only with no seat, hardware, straps, and buckles. When I weighed both my XOP Maximus and Air Raid I found that to be the case.
As far as sticks go the big difference between LW and XOP is LW gives you a toe hold where XOP gives you a bigger solid foot hold. For me that's a big deal transferring to your sticks coming down in the dark or spending time on your sticks hanging your stand.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just got one of their sticks for Christmas. Is there a way to tell if it needs the fix?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts