Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets hear it lone wolf climbers are they worth the $$ thinking about getting one. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
969 Posts
worth every penny

I bought the sit and climb 2 seasons ago, and love it! Had a api grand slam supreme prior. Folds extremely flat, climbs quitely, i really like the sinch straps that you pull tite when you reach your desired height, these straps lock top and bottom sections together, and prevent bottom from falling when climbing. The best is the platform doesn't make a peep, no grate popping, no hollow clanging even in single digit temps. Wish i could afford to replace my 4 hangons and 2 ladderstands with lone wolf hangons. Sit and climb is not as comftorable on all day sits as other climbers with thick padded seats. Thought about putting viper seat or grand slam seat on lone wolf frame, then nothing would compare.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My sit and climb has served me well since 2003. These stands are quiet, lightweight, and pack flat. They are not a lounge chair in comfort but I don't get too comfortable in any stand. For me, the stand was well worth the money.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Do a search on the lone wolf sit and climb, IMO a steel grill is more comfy then that. I bought one last year, used it once and sold it to buy another summit 180max.

It felt very unsafe, i couldn;t feel my ass after 30min of seating in the thing. The only thing it had going for it is i liked the big platform and it made less noice while standing then the summit when it was snowing.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Completely different experience here. The one item I own that I have not upgraded or changed in the last 5-7 years or so is my sit and climb. I find it indispensable in the fall woods. Silent operating, flat folding, light, sets up quick! I also happen to find the hammock seat quite comfortable. Have had summits in addition. Not even close in terms of ease of setup, over all size, and quiet operation. Lone Wolf all the way!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Do a search on the lone wolf sit and climb, IMO a steel grill is more comfy then that. I bought one last year, used it once and sold it to buy another summit 180max.

It felt very unsafe, i couldn;t feel my ass after 30min of seating in the thing. The only thing it had going for it is i liked the big platform and it made less noice while standing then the summit when it was snowing.
Between my family and friends we have 6 LW sit and climbs. We all love them and have no problems with them. How did you feel unsafe? I have never had an issue with safety with my LW. It grips the tree very well and the platform is extremely stable, even when shooting out the side and leaning out a bit. I find it very comfortable. If your a bigger guy I can see not thinking it was comfortable since it is a smaller seat. But the LW is meant more for transportability then comfort. I have hiked 2+miles with mine to hunt and I really appreciated it only weighing 18lbs and folding completely flat.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a bunch of climbers summitt timbertall treewalker and lone wolf my preference is the lone wolf its quite simple and fast

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
i loved my and used it for 5 years. last year i bought the equlizer and i like it even more. if you buy LW you will not regret it and you will the stand. theone thing i like about the LW it fold up flat i got the equlizer because i can adjust while climbing

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have around 250 - 300 days in a Lone Wolf during the last 7/8 years. As stated above, they aren't as comfortable as some of the other stands on the market but I will be a little less comfortable for the sake of saving 5+ pounds. Rock solid in the tree and extremily quiet. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are worth the money. I love mine. It packs through the woods better than any other. Very quite and steady. It hunts like a lock on with the versatility of a climber.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
easy to use, secure, quiet, resonable weight, folds down flat for packing - the best climbing treestand i've seen so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts