Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't even hunted out of it yet and love it! I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this stand. I coundnt believer how light it is!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Practice and don't let the setup time change your mind. It has a learning curve and you will get faster.

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
How much extra does it cost for comfort?
'cos the older I get, the more valuable that is...
Sounds like we have a common priority. This year I added the hunt comfort cushion to mine for around $50 and now all day sits are...comfortable.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Pretty stand.

I want so badly to become proficient with a stick/stand setup but there's no way I could ever pull an all day sit in one of those.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Just bought my second Alpha. Can't beat the LW's for weight, fast set up, quietness, and like a rock in the tree. Hopefully getting the hunt comfort seat for Xmas.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Are those footrests on the new Assault II that they say you can't put footrests on? If so, how'd you do that? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I don't see much difference in the Assault and the Alpha except the Alpha is 10 bucks more and the back of the stand is a little wider. What's your thoughts on these two? thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Does anyone know the difference between the new Assaults and the Old Assaults?
I've owned both the assault and assault II. The new assault II has a wider v on the back of the platform, where it bites the tree...has a bigger seat for more comfort, and has a better built in bow holder than the orginal. You do lose platform space with the assault II, because of the bigger seat and the shortened platform. I like the original better, because of the added platform space, myself.

Mike

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I got an Alpha II and 4 LW sticks this year for two draw hunts where I couldnt leave stands for extended periods......best move I ever made ....... It is the first truly "portable" set up I ever purchased, yes, it wasnt cheap but well worth the investment.....Killed a 185# 8 pt(bow) on one of the hunts and a wonderful 182# 157" 10pt(gun) on the other.....I will use the stand/stick set more often as a "portable" way more than any of the other 23 "portables" I have...... I did 6 all day sits in it and I had no problems and had plenty of room.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts