Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I think I'm about to buy my first Lonewolf Hang On.
I was wondering what extra items I should buy? I mean, does it come with the straps with hooks on them, that can be put on different trees around your land, thus allowing you to move the stand around easily?
Also, in reference to these straps with hooks on them. -Do they just make hanging the stand easier, or are you guys HUNTING out of your stand, with it SOLELY hanging from the hooked strap????
Seems the bottom might kick out on you, if you ONLY had it hanging by the hook. I am ASSUMING these hooked straps, are ONLY good for acting as a hanging aid, because you could first hang your climbing sticks, then go up and fasten the hooked strap onto the tree, and then pull your stand up and hang it on the hook. THEN you would SECURELY attach the stand.
Is this all correct?

Secondly, I'm concerned as to whether I need a bow grommet? I ask because I'm not even sure if a parallel limb bow (Hoyt Trykon XL in this case) will even work, due to the severe angle of the bows limbs.
What say?
I know years ago, I owned a hand climber from Lonewolf, and the bow grommet worked great, with my XTEC, but that was not a parallel limb bow.
Am I correct that the Trykon XL or any other parallel limb bow will not work in the Lonewolfs built in bow holder????
Please advise ANY extra items/accessories I should buy with my stand.

As of now, I'll be buying the Alpha Hang On stand, and at LEAST 4 climbing sticks, if not 5.
Thanks.

·
Registered
771 Posts
It comes with one easy hanger strap and is very simple to use, and yes you could just hunt right off of it, but its rock solid when you put the other strap on it, wich i do. And Paralell limb bows will not sit in the gromet. I would suggest getting the extra long straps so you can get on even bigger trees.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man.
Do I need extra long straps for the stand itself AND the sticks???
That would mean a total for 4 extra long straps for the 4 sticks and 1 extra long strap for the stand, so a total of 5 extra long straps??? Is this correct???
OR do the sticks have extra long straps already??

·
Registered
345 Posts
Best Hang On Made

I have never hunted off just the hook. I would think you would always need the second strap. As far as the extra long straps, think about the trees you will be hunting in, then you'll know. I have never needed a longer strap than what it came with for the stand or sticks. Bow holder will not work with Trykon. Even if it did it is an awkward position to hold the bow- just use a hanger hook. You'll love that stand and never want to own or hunt out of another.

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
no sweat

Paul Cataldo said:
Thanks man.
Do I need extra long straps for the stand itself AND the sticks???
That would mean a total for 4 extra long straps for the 4 sticks and 1 extra long strap for the stand, so a total of 5 extra long straps??? Is this correct???
OR do the sticks have extra long straps already??
Paul,
The straps will get you in all but the biggest trees.
The stands come with 2 straps, so you can lock down the bottom.
It takes a BIG tree for the straps to not go around......I carry 3 extra straps with me.....just in case. But I got the extra straps from my other 2 stands......and I have never used more than 1.

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
shaftcaster said:
I have the new Wolf Jaws in stock so that parallel limbs fit in and sit correctly.
hey shaftcaster how much are they?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shaftcaster said:
I have the new Wolf Jaws in stock so that parallel limbs fit in and sit correctly.

Are you sir, affiliated with Grey Wolf Woolens? Just curious.
Also, I've only seen a couple pics on the net, of the "Wolf Jaws", and they were not clear enough for me to see how the Wolf Jaws work.
Can you provide good CLEAR pics of this item??? I would love to take a look, and possibly place an order, I just need to see it first.
Thanks.
Please advise.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
Paul

Trust me, if you want to use the built in bow holder/grommet, you'll want the Wolf Jaws.

I bought a set for my climber last month, but it is up north, so a photo isn't possible. They don't cost much, $20, and are adjustable. I'm using it with both my AR's

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts