Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a set of navigators, and also three types of vanes to choose from.
1) 1.5 inch quick spins
2) 1.5 inch easton
3) 1.75 X vanes
what do you reckon ill give e the best grouping over full
FITA round ie 90, 70, 50, 30, meters.
what are you lot using for FITA rounds, outdoors.
any help welcome and i mean very welcome.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumping as i would like some help please

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I think any of those vanes would work well. Personally, I'd go with the Easton's, but I don't think one will really tighten your groups as opposed to another one.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm not sure what an "X "vane is, but I would go with the Easton over the QuickSpin.
That being said, I would pick up some Flex Fletch and be done with it...best for what you're doing.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm not sure what an "X "vane is, but I would go with the Easton over the QuickSpin.
That being said, I would pick up some Flex Fletch and be done with it...best for what you're doing.
I agree! I shoot nav's with 1.5 flex fletch! My opinion is the best made. You do not want a long fletch when shooting in windy conditions!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
flex fletch

I agree with the prior posts. I would go with Flex Fletch Vanes. They are extremely durable. Also the 1.5" because you will get less wind drift with the smaller vanes.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FLEX FLETCH???
do you have a link. have never heard of them

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I have had great success with the x vane..... for those of you who don't know what they are, they are made by Bohning, they are the same material as a blazer so they are stiff and steer the arrow better than a flimsy fletch, they are lower profile than blazers, some of them are shield cut vanes.....

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I would go with the X-vane or the FF. The quick spins kill the down range speed and drop like a sac of :zip:

Reed

·
Registered
8,002 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Of the three I'd go with the X-vane. Personally I like Flex-fletch and use the 187 shield cuts on my X-10, Navigators, and now on my Mckinny II's.

·
Registered
463 Posts
vanes

I'd go with 5" helical fletch feathers as they stabilize your arrows better :eek:
Kidding...I shoot 90 yards regularly, not in competition, just on my own range and have found the 1.5" flex fletch to be about the best. I've also tried mini blazer's with good results but I think you get a little more drift in a breeze 'cause of the wider profile. I don't think I'd go with the quickspins because of the increase in drag at distance...I could be wrong...I've never tried them, but I just feel they don't need to spin that fast. I'll bet the drop from 80 to 90 is like having an anchor on your nock.
So 1.5 flex fletch is my best pick for my acc's, I think they are made by aee.
Hope this helps...Mike

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks all for your help will not be using the quick spins for sure will try the x vanes 1.75 bit more stability and also the easton 1.5 will order flex fletch and try them as well

·
Registered
451 Posts
X Vanes

I have really good luck with the 1.5 X vanes. I tried the 1" Micro Blazers last year and they grouped quite well.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I use 4 Bohning X vanes, set 90 degrees apart on all of my target arrows, with no offset at all. They fly beautifully in all wind conditions, out to 90m.:)

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I use 4 Bohning X vanes, set 90 degrees apart on all of my target arrows, with no offset at all. They fly beautifully in all wind conditions, out to 90m.:)
If I shot a drop-away, this would be my set-up except I would use Micro-blazers!! Really like the 4-fletch, just not the drop-away! :)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I never had good results with the quickspins. They tend to damage very easily.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Of the three I'd go with the X-vane. Personally I like Flex-fletch and use the 187 shield cuts on my X-10, Navigators, and now on my Mckinny II's.
Flex fletch 187's all the way! World champ Dietmar Trillus uses them on his carbon express nanos. I will be shooting these vanes on my McKinney II's this summer. Great product.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts