Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a z7 and just put a new 4 pin sight on I have never shot much past 50 yards but now that I have 4 pins I have been trying to sight in out to 65 at 20-30 my shots are dead center 1 inch groups at 50 my shots are 2 inch group but slightly right and at 65 yards my shots are still in that 2-4 inch group range but now they are almost 6inches to the right. I guess the question is am a canting my bow and its only showing up at longer ranges or is some thing else off. I cant believe it would be a form issue my groups are tight out to 65 and at 20-30 there is no sign that they are going to the right. I hate to move my sight to match my 65 yard shooting and then shoot way left at 20-30 yards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:shade:

·
Registered
559 Posts
It could be almost anything or a combination of things. When performing walk back tuning this is exactly what you are looking for, to see if the arrow groups start off to one side at further distances. You are just taking it to the extreme at 60+ yards. If you were to adjust that out, it would be a very minor adjustment to your rest.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be almost anything or a combination of things. When performing walk back tuning this is exactly what you are looking for, to see if the arrow groups start off to one side at further distances. You are just taking it to the extreme at 60+ yards. If you were to adjust that out, it would be a very minor adjustment to your rest.
which way do I move is left or right?

·
Registered
805 Posts
nope not form,, thats called line tuning.... all you need to do is move your rest over just a little tiny bit ...probly like a 64th of a in. then shoot again and keep moving untill all is shooting the same...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Left or right, start one way, a very fine adjustment, and if the problem gets worse, go the other way. You really never can tell what way to start with, especially for this fine of adjustment.

·
Registered
491 Posts
if its shooting to the right move your rest to the left.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys moved it to the left just a touch problem solved time to drink beer.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Left or right, start one way, a very fine adjustment, and if the problem gets worse, go the other way. You really never can tell what way to start with, especially for this fine of adjustment.
Yes you can tell wich way to move your rest. If you are shooting to the right farther and farther as the range gets longer you need to move the rest to the left and if you are shooting farther and farther left as you move back move the rest to the right.

·
Registered
559 Posts
If you look at any walkback tuning guide, they say to move the rest one way, if the problem gets worse, move the other way. I have seen this with bareshaft tuning also. Not sure why, probably something to do with paradox??

Doesn't matter why, fact is sometimes if the arrow is shooting right, a left adjustment of the rest will make matters worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts