Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a long stabilizer for my Freak. Not a $200+ model, just something to try out for indoor 3-D shoots. My question is how do you figure out what length to buy. I would like to try some out, but around here their just aren't many dealers that stock them. I was thinking about a 24' to 28" long one, what are some of you guys using? Cheers--BB

·
Registered
718 Posts
I would check the rules out that your range is shooting by. Some ranges keep rules simple, others follow strict shooting classes.

I borrowed others gear for a dozen or so shots to decide what felt right. You can spend a lot of money on gear you hate to use. Only trust the opinions of people shooting better than you. Lots of shooters will sell last years stabilizer for 1/2 price just to get the new Doinker.

I picked up a nice Fuse on eBay for 12 dollars for my 2013 Freak Max.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I was in a hurry to take advantage of Lancaster's free shipping sale. Don't laugh, but I bought a Cartel carbon 28" front bar, and a 10" side bar. I didn't want to go nuts with $200+ stabilizers, and find out I don't like the long ones. I even got them in blue to match the blue acc. package I put on the bow. So far it balances out a lot better, I mounted the side bar in the lower hole on the back of the riser. I will shoot it tomorrow to see how these work, or if they work. Thanks--BB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts