Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
58# 27 inch draw "trophy hunter" 4 bamboo lams and glass backing. 69 inches long. This bow was made in 1988 and has only been shot, maybe 10 times, probably less. This is a beautiful bow and is practically a collectors item now.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure exactly, but the research I've done shows this bow is worth anywhere from $600 to $1000. If you are interested I could probably let it go for $850 but that is negotiable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll sell it for $750 obo. Keep in mind that John Schulz was taught to make and shoot longbows directly from Howard Hill. This bow is a one owner.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, it shouldn't matter what the bow market is like, a schulz bow doesn't come along very often. $750 is fair and someone will be glad they got such a good deal, anyone that has shot one will agree.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The bow wt and length are excellent, plus your Schulz longbow is one of cleanest I seen. Put it on the auction you'll probably get $1000. plus for it, very nice true American longbow and his bows are great shootersl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just curious if you still have this bow?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some people just do not know anything about bows made before '90 it seems.

Just curious if you still have this bow?
I have a very similar bow made by John, and I bought it from Tom Parsons. I assume most of you stick bow guys know who he is. In fact, he's the one who really helped me shoot. At the time, he was shooting at the same range I was, and saw me with an Asbell takedown (God I wish I never sold that bow!) and gave me a lot of encouragement, and tips. He also let me shoot a few bows I couldn't ever afford back then - or even now, as I'm disabled and on Social Security - G. Fred Asbell's one piece recurves, and a few Black Widows. He used to kid me about being cheap 'cause every time I showed at the range I was shooting the same arrows - I really prefer them dipped, then a few nice stripes in orange and orange and orange barred feathers. A pain to dip them, but to me worth the effort. He was, and is, a gentleman, and I was just looking at some of his bows last night and may have to crack the piggy bank for one.

But back to the Schulz bows - they are the same style as Howard Hill bows, and I think better made. I also have one with the 4 laminations of bamboo, but my riser is a bit more fancy - these pics were taken with a phone camera, and just do not do it justice. It's in perfect condition - and when one famous bow maker makes a bow for another, well, I don't think he'd skimp on the quality of materials, or do a rush job and just slap it together. I may condsider selling, but I'd have to get at least $800, $850 for it. I hurt my back a few years back, and it's been unshot for a year or two. If I get another bow, it's going to have to be pretty light - like #45.

I even have a video of John making bows - very awesome. Some day I'll have to get it put on a DVD instead of VHS. (Yeah, it dates me, doesn't it!?)

Good shooting everyone!
Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well Joe you do have some very desireable longbows by John Schulz! This latest one you took pictures with your cell phone what is its length and draw wt.. Your asking $800/$850 sure would be nice to see some pictures of it, I am interested and would appreciate some pictures sent to [email protected] Thank You

1 - 16 of 16 Posts