Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting recurve for several years now and I am now shooting instinctivley. I am considering buying a longbow for a bit of a challenge, and in particular I am looking at a Woomera longbow by a custom maker, purchased through Ausbow industries. Does anyone have one of these or have shot one of these?
I also want to know what draw-weight I should request. Though I am only fourteen, I can pull and hold 65# relativley comfortably for about 20 sec, and am shooting 40# now on field animal rounds. Should I choose a higher or lower weight than what I'm shooting now?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Lots of good maker's out there. It also depends on your budget. I would say to go with a lower weight. I have taken many bears, moose and plenty of deer with a 62# longbow and all were complete pass throughs except for the moose, which was sticking out the other side. High 50's is a nice comfortable weight. Three Rivers has some decent bows, but consider a nice used bow as well. I had all mine made due to my long draw and have sold some real beauties for good prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts