Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like some feedback on the best place to find a traditional longbow in the 35# to 40# range. Is there a preferred type of wood? I’m interested in Yew, but open to other types of wood. Thank you in advance for your recommendations!

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,139 Posts
You need to narrow down your requirements a bit. Yew makes me think English Longbow. If not, let us know. There are specialty builders and production companies. You may wait a long time and spend a lot of money going with a specialty builder. What is your price range, how long do you want to wait, what are you going to use the bow for?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Like Hank said, there are just too many options on the market right now so recommending one gets very tough without knowing the specific needs and price range. I mean I had bought and sold about 30+ bows in less than 2 years, thanks to the wide variety available in the market. But, don’t be like me and throw away money 🙂 Get your preferences right and get the right bow.

There’s another thread currently going on longbows titled something like ‘who makes a good longbow’. Might be worthwhile to watch is as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts