Archery Talk Forum banner

Longer a-t-a bows?

1494 Views 25 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  sinko
As somebody who grew up shooting longer bows, with my fingers, I just can't get used to the current trend of short ATA bows, and releases.

I've tried... I've shot a few short-ish bows, and tried a few varieties of releases (wrist strap, finger held, thumb release, finger release, etc). I just can't warm up to it.

I've also noticed that nobody (at least that I can find) is currently producing longer ATA bows, appropriate for finger shooting, in hunting models.

I'm not opposed to buying a good used bow, but don't even know what to search for now.

Anybody have a list of a few 38" (minimum) or preferably longer bows, produced over the past few years, that I can start searching for?
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
The PSE Freak is 38+. But with the larger cams these days, these bows will also feel longer than a 38" from years ago.

· Pay It Forward
27,188 Posts
The PSE Freak is 38+. But with the larger cams these days, these bows will also feel longer than a 38" from years ago.

good point....a few in the 34-36" range these days usually meet the "feel" requirement of those looking for a longer a2a bow. It opens up many more bows as well looking the 34-36" range....Just my .02.

Joe

· Registered
Mathews Atlas, Easton carbon arrows, Iron Will broad heads
8,888 Posts
I’m with you, started with and shot fingers for years. Still like a longer ATA. Currently use a Hoyt Faktor LD at 34”.
Don’t want anything shorter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.