Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I own an elite tempo 28/60 and a pro defiant 31 29/60. Each of the bows have things I love but I’m going to end up selling one of them. I love the tempo for feel, but its slow (my short dl and low dw) and the draw is a little harsh. I love my pro defiant because the draw is incredible and a tad faster. Also like being able to yoke tune.

In theory both will be accurate with practice but does the longer ata make the elite superior? Is higher let off as efficient as a lower let off?

I hunt mostly whitetail and hog occasionally but do like flinging arrows out there to 50 or 60+ every now and then. Really just need help in deciding on which one to keep at this point. Both have things I like and dislike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wait a sec, why has your Defiant one ich longer DL then a Tempo?

But for your question, there is no person on the planet, except you, that can answer it. You are the shooter, you are the one shooting the bow, so YOU have to make a decision. And for the speed difference, is it really that big? But fisrt you have to make the bow equal in DL, and then, I think the Elite will not be that much slower then a Defiant.

IMO, I like longer bows, but I have long DL..................but, if you like them both, keep both bows.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait a sec, why has your Defiant one ich longer DL then a Tempo?

But for your question, there is no person on the planet, except you, that can answer it. You are the shooter, you are the one shooting the bow, so YOU have to make a decision. And for the speed difference, is it really that big? But fisrt you have to make the bow equal in DL, and then, I think the Elite will not be that much slower then a Defiant.

IMO, I like longer bows, but I have long DL..................but, if you like them both, keep both bows.
I have zero idea. 28 fits better on the tempo but 29 fits better on the defiant. I’ve asked that question on here several times and can’t find an answer.

The tempo is much more dead in the hand and might even be more quiet. I like them both but only need one. Now that I’ve had the Hoyt, the whole cam lean thing starts to worry me more than it should.

I know it’s all personal preference but I’m torn between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,400 Posts
I don't really think the difference in ata would be a game changer. What one feels more natural to shoot? I like bows that give me real world forgiveness, pull a shot a little, and don't miss bad. Some bows I have owned let me get away with a lot, those are the ones I love.

I don't like bows I really have to pay attention to shoot well.

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I would shoot both of them heads up against each other for a week or 2 (with broad heads since it's a hunting bow) and see which one I shot more accurately. In the end accuracy is what is important.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You need to have a backup bow for hunting when crap happens. I would not sell either. The old saying that one is none and two is one comes to mind.

Lucky

·
The Impartial Archer
18,244 Posts
What I do when I buy a new bow is shoot it for several rounds and compare how I shoot them. If I shoot one better than the other and all else is equal I keep the one I shoot better.

You can't just shoot a couple 3 shot groups you have to shoot several rounds and count any fliers............be honest with yourself too.

If I shoot them equally then I look for other things.....since I hunt quietness is WAY up on that list to. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts