Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think that Mathews maybe coming out with a longer Axle to Axle Switchback this year ??

I am thinking that a 35" Switchback with a 7.5" BH might be a pretty cool.

jp

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Yes, that would be nice. Remember that that the short ATA seem to sell better.
I would like to see an ATA of 35 ½ or 36. With the switchback cam.

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
I have no idea,

but I would like to be first in line to try one out.

35, 36, 37, something longer and the 7.5" bh would be nice, but slow.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
A 36"ish ATA parallel limb bow from Mathews has been wished for for the last few years. They've gone shorter with the SB, maybe this will finally be the year they go long.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
A longer switchback with the same angle parallel limbs as the XT the riser would be about 5 inches longer, then you will hear everyone complain they are too heavy

·
registered archer
3,251 Posts
itd but nice but it wouldnt be that slow

·
Registered
895 Posts
37 or 38??

I would love to see a 37 or 38 inch swithback, i miss the bow like the q2xl,icon, what has happend to those bows?? 37 inch with a 6 3/4 brace height or 7 inch brace height would be awsome!!!! They need to come out with a all around kinda bow that you can hunt with and still shoot 3-d with and that is not so ruff on the pocket book like the apex's.

Cy

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Who knows?

Many have been asking for just such a bow for the last few years. I would have probably bought one for my '06 bow, but they went shorter than the original SB with the XT. I'm sure they sold a bunch of XTs and most are very happy with them, but that is too short ATA for me. In the meantime, I picked up (for less than $200) a Champion Scorpion. Reflexed riser, 36" ATA, nearly parallel limbs, low recoil, quiet, pretty fast (316 IBO), and shoots far better than I can despite its only 7" brace. Love this bow, not looking for a replacement.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
If they release a 35" + switchback (or cousin to it) that is under 4 lbs , hits 320+ IBO, and draws and shoots as smooth as the XT and I'll pay as much as they want for it....

I shot an XT about 4 weeks ago and the first thing that went through my mind when the guy handed it to me was...god that's an ugly little thing....it's so short it don't look like a bow. Shot great, but I can't get past the length...I know it's all in my head but I like a bow in the 34-37 range.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
sagecreek said:
I have no idea,

but I would like to be first in line to try one out.

35, 36, 37, something longer and the 7.5" bh would be nice, but slow.
I think it would be a great idea. My Ross CR337 is 37" ATA with a 7.75" brace height. It shoots great and no, it's not slow (at least to me).

parkerbows said:
A longer switchback with the same angle parallel limbs as the XT the riser would be about 5 inches longer, then you will hear everyone complain they are too heavy
It's also not too heavy. I added one of those NV donuts to the bottom limb to add weight and stability.

Wasn't the old LX a longer ATA?

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
TURBOTECH said:
I would love to see a 37 or 38 inch swithback, i miss the bow like the q2xl,icon, what has happend to those bows?? 37 inch with a 6 3/4 brace height or 7 inch brace height would be awsome!!!! They need to come out with a all around kinda bow that you can hunt with and still shoot 3-d with and that is not so ruff on the pocket book like the apex's.

Cy
Martin Slayer Extreme

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Nino said:
Mathews did build a bow with the spec's you guys are looking for it's called a Prestige. :wink:
I know the ads SAID the Prestige had parallel limbs, but.......:confused:

Maybe I didn't have on my special glasses.......you know, the ones with the harmonic dampeners on the lenses. :wink:

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Seeing as how they discontinued the LX which was their long hunting bow, I'd step out on a limb and say that Mathews just might have something in store for those of you wishing for a longer ATA bow and I wouldn't worry about it touching 320 fps either ;)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lol

Nino said:
Mathews did build a bow with the spec's you guys are looking for it's called a Prestige. :wink:

Yes they did and then forgot to put a grip on the bow.....;)

jp

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thats what I am waiting for a bow close to Q2XL specs with a cobra cam and string dampners.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
?

Does the Prestige come in camo ??? I thought it was a target bow...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts