Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
i have always pulled it as tight as i could then tightened down the set screw.i dont know if that is right but it has worked through 3 bows now

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Go with a whisker biscuit. Relatively maintenance free and nothing to break.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
So how tight do i need to pull this string when setting up this rest?
I like to stretch the cord material first, tighten it up so the cord is taught, than put pressure on the string and you can see the launcher lift because it stretched than I loosen set screw pull tight and I'm ready to shoot

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Have 3 QAD HDX. Shot lots of arrows through mine over the last 2 years and, knock on wood, no failures. I believe they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
mcdickson, I have not been on archery talk for quite a while, but am here today and saw your posts......you are right there are several spring tension holes, and I like to have the spring in the hole that gives a pretty stiff feel, we do have a full lifetime warranty on these rests and would be happy to repair/replace or send you parts if needed. I agree it is not fun to lose confidence in any piece of your equipment! I'm sure we can get you fixed up right away. If you want to get ahold of me directly I am happy to walk you through my preferred settings on the rest. You can e-mail me on my "week-end" e-mail @ [email protected]..... or call my cell @ (406) 242-0088. I live in spotty cell service, but I will return your call.

I do prefer to adjust the cord tension so the launcher is slightly "squishing" the silencing nipples. Having the spring in the right tension hole can make a big difference also, when putting the rest back together it can be a little tricky to get the spring in the right hole. Also, as you mentioned, how tight you slide the pivot arm against the body of the rest will affect the freedom of the launcher to move. If you feel any light grinding when you rotate the launcher, we are fine with the use of some dry graphite lube in the spring housing. If you feel any heavier grinding then we may need to fix something.

Sorry for the issues on your rest! We have had very few problems with this rest model, so I'm sure we can get you fixed up and you won't have any further issues.

Thanks for your time,

Dan Evans

21 - 26 of 26 Posts