Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He might grow up to be something. Looks a little young but hes putting on some bone already.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled my cams today and brought them home but now Im planning on getting some new batteries and putting them back out. I think it will be neat to watch how they change over the next 5 months. Ive seen our pen raised deer antler growth but now I want to see what the difference is in the wild.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I'm look-n, I'm look-n

That would be a stud in the making.. Feed and suplement him well. Feed it and he will grow. I just reloaded my 250 pound feeder and swapped batteries. I'm planning on feeding about 20 pounds of corn daily. I've planted some biologic and some put out some suplemental mineral licks. I produced a Boone and Crockett class buck last year with the same stategy. He had put on 30 inches in one year. Good luck in your quest and do the appropriate legwork between here and September and you'll have a better chance than most at harvesting a nice buck. Those really are some nice bases. They sort of look like the one I saw stone dead beside Dayton Ohio. He was a road kill victim. Bummer----

·
Registered
114 Posts
That would be a stud in the making.. Feed and suplement him well. Feed it and he will grow. I just reloaded my 250 pound feeder and swapped batteries. I'm planning on feeding about 20 pounds of corn daily. I've planted some biologic and some put out some suplemental mineral licks. I produced a Boone and Crockett class buck last year with the same stategy. He had put on 30 inches in one year. Good luck in your quest and do the appropriate legwork between here and September and you'll have a better chance than most at harvesting a nice buck. Those really are some nice bases. They sort of look like the one I saw stone dead beside Dayton Ohio. He was a road kill victim. Bummer----
do you cut back that corn as the hotter months progress ?

nice pic from OP...love to whatch antlers develope...

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I say keep watching him and post a few pics every couple weeks so we can see the progress also.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
As long as their eating it I keep feeding it

do you cut back that corn as the hotter months progress ?

nice pic from OP...love to whatch antlers develope...
I'd:rolleyes: feed that buck everything I could find that might help him. They just seem to always flock to corn.. That will give you a chance to try some other mineral licks and supplements to see what works best for your area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts