Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a bitone service 9mm and was pretty happy with it but always wanted the subcompact. So, I sold the service and bought this .40S&W off a guy from another forum. IT FEELS AMAZING. I liked the 4" but this SC with Pearce grip extensions fits like a glove. It came with a Galco Matrix 7 holster, 2 mags with grip ext., speedloader, belt magazine holder, and ghost ring sights. I love these sights too. I installed a XDGuys trigger kit last night and I am very impressed, the trigger breaks like glass.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
nice!!!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Let us know how it shoots. I'm wondering how the recoil on it will be vs. a 9mm in the same platform.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You are going to love that gun.... great choice.... I bought a new XD in 9mm a couple weeks ago.... they shoot great and the action is flawless.

·
Occam's Razor
10,230 Posts
Brown brought you that? Through a dealer or via Brown to your house? In-state or across state lines? Just curious?..................ck

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice piece. That ought to be very easy to conceal.
It is extremely easy to conceal, IWB or OWB, I hardly notice it.

Brown brought you that? Through a dealer or via Brown to your house? In-state or across state lines? Just curious?..................ck
No I didn't break the law, brown shipped from FFL to FFL.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I also want those ghost ring sights! That's awesome!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The sights are http://www.entreprise.com/SpringfieldXD.htm

The front blade is stock, white was removed and ultra bright red replaced it. I like this method much more than the Tritium front blade, as you can see mine is not only viewable in low light, but very bright during the day as well.

I added a Hogue handall grip, Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster, and Gould and Goodrich Goldline OWB holster. I'll post pics in a minute.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New pics....

Hogue Handall from Pistolgear.com

Crossbreed Supertuck from Crossbreedholsters.com

With it on

Gould and Goodrich Goldline 802

With it on (pardon the missed belt loop, threw it on for pics)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
How's it shooting for you?

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I agree. PM me if you ever need information or a good internet price on one.
I need a good price :)

I think a lot of people need to realize (especially with XD's and Glocks) that their pistol isn't worth what they paid for it hehe

Looks like XD's are all over gun broker for 430 - 450 + 20S&H for NIB w/ all the goodies but people are still selling their used ones for 450+

I'm pretty close to making up my mind on my new carry piece. There are just 2 or 3 lingering questions out there but anyway thats not for this thread

How does the 40SC shoot compared to the 9SC? I'd really rather go SC as it easier to conceal by a little bit and every little bit helps :)

I really like that holster too... I didn't spend the extra for all black but its a nice touch. How long did it take to brake yours in?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.