Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a photo of this buck a while back while he was just starting to really grow. I pulled my camera this weekend and low and behold he showed up at 10:30 AM this past Tuesday.
Needless to say, I cannot wait for the 17th of September to arrive.

Here he is in velvet in mid July.

Now hard horned.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Really Nice Buck!!!

Seems a little early to be Hard-horned right now, all my Bucks are still in velvet..Good luck with him none the less

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really Nice Buck!!!

Seems a little early to be Hard-horned right now, all my Bucks are still in velvet..Good luck with him none the less
Where I hunt in North Florida, our mature bucks are typically fully rubbed out by August 12th and the lesser bucks by the end of the month.
I hope to tangle with him in a few weeks time!

·
wannabtradguy
15,322 Posts
isnt that a new state record for Florida?

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
isnt that a new state record for Florida?
Pretty sure you are joking, but maybe not. I figure this buck to be somewhere around 120". The state record Typical taped out at 168". He's still got a ways to go!

·
Beer Whisperer
11,079 Posts
Great looking buck! Rotsa Ruck with him in the coming weeks. :smile:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Looking good.

·
Born yank raised south
16,827 Posts
Nice Buck Flydown. He looks like a couple from our lease that we had on camera from last year. They were the ones I showed you on the lap top a couple of weeks ago. Good luck getting that buck he is definitely a great deer for our area. He definitely looks like a swamp buck with them dark horns. We want to see some hero pictures with him in them.

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice Buck Flydown. He looks like a couple from our lease that we had on camera from last year. They were the ones I showed you on the lap top a couple of weeks ago. Good luck getting that buck he is definitely a great deer for our area. He definitely looks like a swamp buck with them dark horns. We want to see some hero pictures with him in them.
Thanks Snoman. He is one of the best I have seen in 8 years of hunting there.

And yes, a hero shot would be a nice ending to my quest.

·
One bubble off...
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any idea on how old he might be?

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Nice buck. They still have velvet on up here

1 - 20 of 33 Posts