Archery Talk Forum banner

Look what I found!

2210 Views 24 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  King
I hate it when you go shed hunting and find dead bucks. This is my 4th buck I have found dead this year the others were all 1 1\2 olds so they didnt hurt as bad as when I found this one. He still had some velvet on his rack and I found him on the bank of a small creek. I think he died of that bug bite. EHD? Anyway notice the dates of the trail cam pics....no doubt these pics were within weeks of his death and only about 100yds from where i found him.

Antler Horn Deer Wildlife Reindeer

Antler Furniture Couch Chair Tail
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the trail cam pics.

Natural landscape Nature Vegetation Plant Lavender

Nature Wildlife Vegetation Natural landscape Plant community

· Classifieds Administrator
39,736 Posts
Great find just wish you would have found him at the end of a blood trail this fall!

Shame to lose a buck with that type of genetics but maybe he had an awesome rut! :grin:

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a dandy for sure! whats with the two holes in his head in front of his antlers?
I'm guessing thats his forehead glands.

There are better bucks in this spot but it hurts when you let the 1 and 2 yr olds walk and then they die misteriously like this.

· Registered
2,809 Posts
It amazes me how many you find this time of year. Glad you found it before the mice and squirels got him. Shame he didnt make it.

Wonder why that is? Even in my neck of the woods when the winter is not that stressfull. Find one or two every year. Any theorys?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.