Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just @#$%^& me off! I never get sick but wouldnt you know 2 days before season opens I would wake up with a cold.:confused: I don't know how to deal with a cold and hunt. The last time I had a cold was years ago and it was after season closed. My head is all stoped up and my nose is running like a water hose. What can I take to kick this mess by Wednsday?

· Team 32
2,544 Posts
My fiance, family, and everyone at work has had the crud for the past week... Opener is Saturday... if you look at the incubation time, I'm primed to get sick in the middle of this week. You better believe come hell or high fever I'm gonna be in a tree on saturday

· Registered
374 Posts
Mucinex as already stated and I just got over a cold last week. What really helped me was Alka seltzer plus cold med. If you can stand the taste it works or aleast for me it did. I took mucinex and Alka seltzer and it helped alot.

Now for getting around coughing while hunting if you have a good one for that I would like to hear cause I'm still coughing.

· Registered
4,202 Posts
I hunt with a cold and a very runny nose. If my nose is pouring, I will just pack each nostril with tissue so I do not have to constantly sniff. It forces the mucus down your throat instead of out your nose. However, you do have to change out the tissue every now and then. :cheers:

· Registered
517 Posts
Alka-Selzer Plus! It will give you at least 4 or 5 hours in your stand with no symptoms. Play with pain! Stick it out and hunt! It only comes once a year!

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Play with pain! Stick it out and hunt! It only comes once a year!
There is no question weather or not I will be hunting. I WILL be up a tree. But my ears are so stoped up right now I can't hear squat. If there like this on Wednsday I think that a deer could climb my tree, tap me on the sholder and yell "Tag your it" before I would know he was there.

· Registered
517 Posts
There is no question weather or not I will be hunting. I WILL be up a tree. But my ears are so stoped up right now I can't hear squat. If there like this on Wednsday I think that a deer could climb my tree, tap me on the sholder and yell "Tag your it" before I would know he was there.
Seriously... AK Plus. Give it a try. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck to you! :darkbeer:

· Registered
972 Posts
I just dealt with coughing in the stand this weekend. Didnt see a signle deer. My dad sat on a trail a couple hundred yards away and said he could hear me coughing. The 10 pt that has been passing my stand each day ran by him coming from my direction. All i had was a nagging cough. You can be tough and hunt like I did, but I have a feeling I screwed my spot up. Wait a week and then go shoot him. I saw my doc this morning and he gave me allegra D and a z max. I had been taking claratin D and a benedrly before I went to bed and it did nothing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.