Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have posted on this subject before. I would like to purchase a recurve bow for field. I am pretty much set on the Hoyt Eclipse riser. It is in the budget and the tech risers feel good to me.

What limbs should I purchase for field. Samick Athlete, Hoyt 300 Carbons, or another brand. I can handle 40lbs on my fingers. I have shot recurve before in college but Ronnie was our president back then.

I shot a Samick with 40lbs limbs yesterday at LAS. The Baltimore Bowman have a Trad festival in a few weeks. I might get lucky with a vender at this festival.

I will be making a purchase soon and just need more information to feel comfortable with my decision.

Thank You All For Your Patience.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Be very careful. You have not said whether you are looking to shoot barebow or Olympic. The Eclipse is a Tec bow and does not qualify as a barebow (must be able to fit thru a 122mm ring, unstrung) , so you would have to be in the Olympic class. As to the limbs, any of your choices should suffice, though, for field, you generally want the fastest set-up that you can handle.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for you reply. I would like an Olympic set up. I did not mention this because a thread a few weeks ago called into question this terminology. I do not want to offend.

Yes, this bow will be an Oly recurve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts