Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to swap some limbs/strings/cables on a Bowtech Insanity. I don't have the means to get my own press so I'm looking for recommendations of a shop that does good work, takes pride in what they do and wont rape me for labor because I did not purchase everything from them. I have not called around yet because there are a couple of shops I know I wont return too and am willing to drive to anywhere in a 200 mile radius of Lebanon MO. Any recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Socket Man
23,215 Posts
I'm in marshfield and my bow shop that I shoot for is there in town on the square and I am on spring break next week so I wouldn't mind helping out. They close at 5 so to me this is something that I need a few hours to mess with assuming that there isn't a problem.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drive through Marshfield daily so this may be doable, I can give them a call and thanks. I don't forsee any problems. It didn't explode or anything I'm just setting it up for a weak shooter so putting 60lb limbs on it and a VTX string (please no comments on my choices in life :wink: ) I have stuff ordered but it may be a week or so before I get stuff in and my $$ built back up.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Call Oak Grove Archery 636 578 5000 in Sullivan up 44. Ask for Craig the owner and tell him what you need he would be glad to help you out. I don't know if you have the strings already but there is a good custom string builder in st. James mo that builds all the strings for the shop and they are as good as you will find and a good price too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call Oak Grove Archery 636 578 5000 in Sullivan up 44. Ask for Craig the owner and tell him what you need he would be glad to help you out. I don't know if you have the strings already but there is a good custom string builder in st. James mo that builds all the strings for the shop and they are as good as you will find and a good price too.
Will do, Thats not a bad drive at all. Thanks for the recomendation, I tend to trust folks opinions ftom AT more than the average ratings on the web.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'll 2nd that. Used him several times when I used to live in MO. Craig does nice work.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
200 miles... That's easy..

Crackers aka Mike @ Carter Archery

Call them and get a new set of strings and cables for it and let him tune it for you and I know you will love it even more..

Mac

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Teds sports in dexter and American outdoors ted does custom strings and has several ibo 3d bowhunter wins from 99 and 00.

Twisted arrow in poplar bluff good shop but in the new side of owning. Great shooters though.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
St. Joseph MO.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Goggle Carter's Archery

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all of you, Sullivan is quite a bit closer. I'd head to St. Joe but that's a 4.5 hr trip one way. Does anyone know if this job is pretty straight forward & any good bow guy will do or should I stick to. Bowtech savvy shop?

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Fanning outpost is in Cuba on 44, their a big bowtech shop and have been for a long time. I haven't ever had anything done their but they have a nice shop, bowtech, Mathews and PSE. They have a website to get directions.

·
Registered
707 Posts
You could try 54 archery just south of Jefferson City. A guy I trust named Matt works there and they are a bowtech shop. He used to be my go to at another shop that has since closed but he is great. Another place is Archery Quest in Springfield. Haven't been there in years but when I lived down there that where I would go.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Does OAK Grove stock alot of Elite bows?
Oak Grove Archery is the biggest Elite dealer in Missouri and has been since Elite started. What are you looking for? I was there today and I'm going to a 3D shoot with Craig tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Thanks to all of you, Sullivan is quite a bit closer. I'd head to St. Joe but that's a 4.5 hr trip one way. Does anyone know if this job is pretty straight forward & any good bow guy will do or should I stick to. Bowtech savvy shop?
Actually it's 3hrs 40 minutes from you at 230 miles... I will let you know that it's worth the drive to one of the best tuners for your BowTech.

Mac

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I have heard the guys at midway are good in columbia but heard so take that with a grain of salt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts