Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a good finger bow with round wheels since i like a smooth draw longer tip to tip with a nice brace also need it to be with ff or easy changed over to ff also i am on a budget any suggestions on bows to look for

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
What draw length and weight? Right handed?

Depending on the specifics, I may have something.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
That's me! My draw is much longer though, and what I had in mind won't work for you. I have a bow I assembled off of quality parts that friends gave me. I had to purchase some strings and cables, and put carbon limbs from a provantage on a caribou's riser. I think the wheels were off of a different provantage. But, it is 31-33" draw. However, I have some smaller wheels that may work out. I just don't know how to figure out the string and cable length. You may be in a tough spot using it since you would have to trial and error the string and cable length. I bet a better deal would come along...

My friend has a 2008 Bowtech Constitution that would work, but it's $350.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
You can pick up an older Oneida for a few bucks. Long enough for finger shooting, and you can't beat the smoothness. I can't recommend BOAR5150 enough! He has helped me out soooo much, and can probably set you up with an older Oneida that he rebuilds, for very little money. When I say very little, I mean that my first bow from him was around $100.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's me! My draw is much longer though, and what I had in mind won't work for you. I have a bow I assembled off of quality parts that friends gave me. I had to purchase some strings and cables, and put carbon limbs from a provantage on a caribou's riser. I think the wheels were off of a different provantage. But, it is 31-33" draw. However, I have some smaller wheels that may work out. I just don't know how to figure out the string and cable length. You may be in a tough spot using it since you would have to trial and error the string and cable length. I bet a better deal would come along...

My friend has a 2008 Bowtech Constitution that would work, but it's $350.
how much are you asking on the bow as strings and cables are no issue

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree with the above post about giving an Oneida a look as well as where to find one. I've owned 5 different models and all could be shot with fingers. My Phantom is one of the most forgiving bows I've ever shot. Similar models(Tomcat, Screamin' Eagle, H series) can be found at reasonable prices. Adequate length, smooth draw, reasonable speed and forgiveness are some of what these bows have to offer. Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose! Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts