Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I remembered seeing a game camera pic of a doe and a rattlesnake on here awhile back, but I can't find it with the search. Does it sound familiar to anyone else, or did I see it on another board?

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Cool pic. Doesn't look like a rattler though.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
That ain't a rattler. Looks more along the lines of the python family. :confused:

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Slippy Field said:
That ain't a rattler. Looks more along the lines of the python family. :confused:

I am probably wrong but it kinda looks like a canebreak or "timber" rattle snake

Attachments

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I was looking more at the head.......it doesn't look like a pit viper........I agree with Slippy, it looks like a python or something.

·
I kill it to eat it !
3,169 Posts
snake

its a timber or canebrake rattler

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Not

SURE but to me it looks like the copperhead that got me in the leg a few years back......... mean suckers!!!

speed

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
TEXAS 10PT said:
All I want to know is how that snake got his rattles painted?

TEXAS
Slippy did it.

·
Coram Deo
3,287 Posts
TEXAS 10PT said:
All I want to know is how that snake got his rattles painted?
Field markings so that biologists will recognize the snake if they re-capture it. I used to do that when I was a field biologist, 'cept I did lizards and pack rats and kangaroo rats, not rattlers. That snake might even have a radio transmitter implanted in it....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thats a pretty cool picture and a big snake. Has to be some kind of python.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wow, you guys that think that is a python better not hunt down south. That is a Canebrake Rattlesnake, and a big one...

Canebrake pics

You reach donw and pick up that boa and your gonna get am arm full of this

1 - 20 of 29 Posts