Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good bow shop, that knows their stuff and does it right. LOL, I'm tired of half :censored: and big talkers. I'm in NC next to Winston Salem and am willing to drive 1 1/2 hours. I'm looking to get new strings & cables on a Hoyt Lazer Tech, paper tuned, and have it back in time to hunt. My pet peeve is them leaving bolts lose, and not putting all my stuff back on. TY for any info

·
Registered
357 Posts
Buttermilk creek outfitters there number is 336-436-0025. There located in burlington. I wish I could help you out with directions but I'm not to good with them lol. Great group of guys up there!

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
It will be next to impossible to get new strings made (probably have to be ordered), get it tuned and ready to go in time. Most of the string builders (Rhino and America's Best) are saying it will take 6 days. Vapor Trail can get them done in and to you in 3. But, to get it in and ready, doubtful. There are a bunch of people that wait to the last minute and got to have it yesterday.

But, there is a good shop in Charlotte. Barefoot Archery

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Buttermilk creek outfitters there number is 336-436-0025. There located in burlington. I wish I could help you out with directions but I'm not to good with them lol. Great group of guys up there!
X2!!! Good group of guys up there that know what they're doing. S&S Archery in China Grove does pretty good work also, just be sure you get there close to opening time because they normally stay pretty busy this time of year.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Yep. S&S is pretty good. I know a couple of guys that work there.

All of the shops will be swamped this time of year. I have never seen soo many bows from the 60's and 70's that have just come out of the closet for the first time since last year. And they want them fixed yesterday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know i was going to go with a winners choice i know it takes time lol im in now big rush i was banking on at least 3 weeks

·
Registered
755 Posts
Drop Tine archery,First exit past the Yadkin river I believe,not far off of I-40 on 158.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Drop Tine archery,First exit past the Yadkin river I believe,not far off of I-40 on 158.
X2 Robert the guy that owns the place is top notch. Builds great strings and has a 3 day turn around on them. However sat. Is the opening day of the season and it might be a bit longer. Check out his web page Droptinearchery.com.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Deer Run Archery in Rural Hall. Daniel Gattis is a really great guy and is a huge sponsor of NCBA. He is a Matthews, Missions, Bowtech, and Hoyt dealer. He carries about 30 bows in stock at any given moment. His info is at http://www.deerrunarchery.com/. I have found his prices to be lower than retail (He sells the Z7 Extreme fot $750)

The shop with the most overall inventory of accessories in the area is Droptine Archery in Advance. Robert & Pam Brookman are good people and are very helpful. They are a PSE, Hoyt, Elite, Bowtech, and Winchester Dealer. There info is at http://www.droptinearchery.com/. I found their prices to be a little high but they carry the widest selection of sights, BHs, arrows, and stabs, etc.

The best reputable technician with a loyal following is Spencer at Bladerunners (I personally prefer Daniel at Deer Run because I buy my bows from him and knows what works for me best). Spencer has alot of old school hunters as customers and has been in the business for a very long time. He is a Matthews dealer but his store lacks alot of variety and modern equipment. His info is 4254 Ebert Road, Winston-Salem, NC 27127-8714, (336) 788-9112. His website seems to be down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is that the same Robert that worked at bow hunters paradise it kernersville i think he was a hoyt shooter then there was another man by the name king that helped out at deer run when it was in pfafftown

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rodney at strikeforce custom strings and fibers near statesville should be able to hook you up, he makes the strings for droptine archery and he does an awesome job on tuning and string building. pm me for his # or search threads for custom string builder in nc on here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts