Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350 - 2022 Elite EnVision on order
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I am looking into going on a hog hunt with three of my good friends. We are looking for something like a three day hunt. Just looking for a quality hunt. Nice hospitality's and good food. Looking for kind of a all inclusive kind of hunt. I was looking at a hunt in TX that was the Double C Ranch, hunting with Jeff hunt. I heard a bad report about that hunt. This will be my first hunting trip so any input would be awesome!

Thanks!
Todd

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Check out shilohoghuntingranch.com, it's in Oklahoma. A few members and I are going on a hog hunt with them in June. So far the owners have bent over backwards to please us, and hopefully it continues.

Good luck

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
ya

Check out shilohoghuntingranch.com, it's in Oklahoma. A few members and I are going on a hog hunt with them in June. So far the owners have bent over backwards to please us, and hopefully it continues.

Good luck
and i can't wait!:tongue:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This hunt looks pretty good from what I see up front. I might be checking into this one. 12 hour drive for me isn't too bad either. Texas was going to be 18 hours! :eek:

Anyone else got any stellar hog hunts?

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
This hunt looks pretty good from what I see up front. I might be checking into this one. 12 hour drive for me isn't too bad either. Texas was going to be 18 hours! :eek:

Anyone else got any stellar hog hunts?
There is an Oklahoma place that I believe charges $200. It is 80 acres and has 100 hogs in it as well as some exotics at any given time. I know it's been mentioned on here a couple times.....I'm more interested in Shiloh personally.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
check out a place called big horn outfitters in bryars ok. real good guy his name is lester hawkings lots of hogs i drove there 2 years ago been wanting to go back.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I have been to shiloh ranch a couple of times now. Matt and Cheryl are very nice people and great to work with. If you think this will be a cake-walk, well you need to think about it. Their sense of smell is incredible and you need to play the wind no matter what. I was down there last week and the wind was swirling pretty good. The bigger hogs will hang up for a bit to let the little ones (cannon fodder) come in first. If they smell you, it's all over. Their sense of smell is better than a whitetail. At one point I had 6 whitetail deer within 15 yards of me and they didn't know I was there. But with the swirling winds, the hogs were coming in and stopped at 40 yards and turned right around and walked away. They are a more nocturnal animal as well with the most activity being in the evening. Check out stands 3 & 4.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
One place to stay away from is being run by a gentlemen called Bob Bergen. He leases the hunting rights to the McKinley Ranch. I'll PM anyone with details, but the guys a moron who doesn't know what he's doing and could care less about you once he gets your money.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.