Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am just getting back into archery... (Took a few years off).
I am completely out of the loop on what's hot and what's not.

Just picked up a BRAND NEW Bowtech 101st Airborne 70# 29" for $550! :)

Anyway... I have no idea what sight I should get! I know I want a multiple pin sight. (Maybe 3-4 pins). I will be using the bow for target practice and hunting, with hunting being my main use. So I don't want to be messing around with a 1-pin sight when I am out in the woods hunting. Just a personal preference.

What are your recommendations? I don't want to spend a fortune, but at the same time I want something that is nice.

· Registered
3,037 Posts
I sure like my TRUGLO Tru-Site XTREME. They have the fibers very protected (always nice when hunting), comes with a light, and toolless click adjust windage & elevation. Bowtech has 'em on their site for $100

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,602 Posts
Spot Hogg - Hogg-It or Hunter Hogg-It. They cost more initially but you won't be replacing them if you get into target shooting with "hunter" class gear.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
If you want the best Hogg it. If your not ready for a new Hogg, look for some new discontinued(last years model) sights on ebay or a used Hogg on AT traders forum.

· Registered
3,584 Posts
hoggs are nice but you DID say"I don't want to spend a fortune" so that leaves one that is built just as well.

Sword !!

speed

(black or camo)

Auto part

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those Hogg-its look nice! Just a little bit to pricey for me.

So those sword sights are pretty popular? Would the Apex Hunter be a good choice?

Also should I go for the .019 or the .029? (Going to be a hunting bow)

· Registered
10,545 Posts
Those Hogg-its look nice! Just a little bit to pricey for me.

So those sword sights are pretty popular? Would the Apex Hunter be a good choice?

Also should I go for the .019 or the .029? (Going to be a hunting bow)
any of the swords are a good sight. the cheaper models are built just as tough as the top of the line. just different features. :wink:

· Registered
3,992 Posts
Sword Twilight Hunter, Built like a tank, super bright pins and it comes with the light if needed

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Researched,

I researched sights and what I found was the Viper Predator Pro MT was the best of the best. Several have changed to the Viper after seeing mine. I know own 3 of them and until I find a better one, I'll keep them.

But obviously Spott Hogg and Sword make very respectable sights. I wouldn't have issue with either of those as well.

· Registered
1,730 Posts
Apex

I would go with the Apex line from Tox., they are very bright and has a very nice built in light. These are the brightest sights I have seen persoanlly and I have a single pin and it is bright enough to shoot after hours!!!!!!!!!

I would give them a look if I were you. Let me know what you think about them!

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys thanks for all the help! You have helped me SOOOOOOO Much!!!!

Went with the Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg-It

Picked it up brand new in packaging for $120 TYD on ebay! :)

Doesn't have the wrap, but it should be good enough for a "novice"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.